What to do if you think your grandparents are Antifa

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/11/what-to-do-if-you-think-your-g.html

19 Likes

What to do if you think your grandparents are Antifa?

Give them a hug, they are old and cranky. Their kids and grandkids don’t call as often as they should.

42 Likes

All four of my grandparents were antifa! That Soros is diabolical.

35 Likes

Aunt Tifa, she was always my favorite Aunt.

31 Likes

Check and see if they served in WWII. Definitive proof, violent armed Antifa!! Turn them in now!

43 Likes

Alexandra Petri is the main reason I don’t regret my subscription to the WaPo. However, she ought to consider the question, “How to tell if your fellow WaPo columnist has become a profa agent?” Some of the other op-ed people there, like this cretin, are beyond dreadful.

13 Likes

I think it’s pronounced Anti-Fa, but that’s none of my business.

2 Likes

Well my grandfather landed in this country after being black listed for trying to start a union in his home town. His father and uncles were involved in the violent over throw of a colonial power.

Is there some place I can report him. He’s 95 but he keeps saying stuff like “yup Mussolini” when Dear Leader is on the TV.

I think he may be planning something.

28 Likes

I liked her ecological praxis.

15 Likes

My grandfather fought in Africa as a young officer but never embraced the fascist ideals (we were the baddies back then); he retired as general. My grandmother operated as a covert messenger among the partisan insurgents in northern Italy. I love my parents but my grandparents actually helped me to understand certain things; I am so proud of them and miss them so much.

17 Likes

He’a not my grandpa, but I’ve long suspected that Indiana Jones is Antifa.

15 Likes

If you say to a conservative “so you are opposed to antifa? That must mean you are pro-Fascist” they don’t get it. “Antifa” is just a buzz word, they don’t get there’s a meaning behind the word. You may as well be saying “taliban” as far as they’re concerned.

22 Likes

20 Likes

Someone, sadly, in a position of power has already told us that the thing that looks like a cell phone is secretly a “scanner” capable of jamming and cracking police communications. Clearly that Cricket phone is a total giveaway of Antifa intent since they advertise exclusively to the elderly.

13 Likes

I suspect that my mother, now 98, might be antifa. She refuses to even consider the fascist point of view, all because of that misunderstanding when fascists bombed her family out of their home in Liverpool in 1941. That’s a long time to hold a grudge, Mom.

Now I think she’s trying to indoctrinate her great-grandchildren. I blame myself for teaching her FaceTime.

41 Likes

My father fought in WWII and my uncle was a communist.
Is it like some antifa went back in time, or?

13 Likes

Both grandfathers served in the European Theater. One in infantry, the other in a bomber crew.
Several aunts and uncles were heavy supporters of organized labor. Definitely Antifa.

My wife’s maternal grandfather served with the Kwangtung Army (Japanese forces in China). He went on to middle management in a factory in Korea, while it was still under occupation. Her paternal grandfather was a draft dodger.

So I figure the karma evened out with her parents generation.

15 Likes

A lot of grandparents and great-grandparents were antifa. You can even visit the Antifa Memorial in DC if you want.

http://www.wwiimemorial.com/

25 Likes

Even Santa Claus is Antifa

16 Likes

Seems odd to me that antifa is suddenly the boogeyman… isn’t anyone, like, aware of the actual definition of antifa? Anti-fascist. So by drawing a big orange line and saying the drumpf organization is against antifa that basically means they are PRO-fascist. I think they are saying the quiet parts out loud again… really loud. What is next? Anyone wearing a mask (for coronavirus) is now antifa? Will they pass out colorful armbands for the profa militias? Will Hair Twittler grow a little mustache?

All the WWII vets must be really confused by this sh!t. We won that one, right?

15 Likes