A Civil War reenactor tried to frame Antifa by fabricating threats against his own Civil War reenactments

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/13/a-civil-war-reenactor-tried-to.html

4 Likes

Wow! The forger of that letter has a punctuation predilection! Seriously! I mean it! They clearly are a fan of one and only one terminal punctuation mark! Do I need to say which one!

24 Likes

If only those guys used real bullets and surgery techniques of the era to thin their ranks a bit.

6 Likes

Many of us have dogs, so will bring dog feces to throw on people! We will also throw cups of human urine! We might resort to actually firing guns into the camps and at the re-enactors! We will put poison in the water, we will use noise to disrupt the battles and sleep!

He would have signed the letter as “Aardvark Ratnik”, but power-hungry Slavic villains are his guys now.

10 Likes

Fixed that for ya!

18 Likes

I’d go one further and just call him a “racist cosplayer”.

23 Likes

Like Justin Trudeau!

4 Likes

But not just in the sense of someone cosplaying as a racist.

7 Likes
20 Likes

The whole antifa-boogeyman complex is right up there on the list of right-wing mental defects that give me an immediate pounding headache.

It’s one thing to swallow demented chan-bubble lies about Hillary or “Black Lives Matter” – those are at least things that actually exist in reality. But when these dipshits screech about “antifa” it’s like, why are you foaming yourself up over something that you know is fictional because you are making it up?

Right-wingers justify their evil choices on the grounds that they are afraid – of having their freedom taken away, of “their” “culture” being erased, of Others breaking into their homes, etc. – but if you don’t want to be afraid, why would you deliberately make up reasons to be afraid? I mean, if you’re afraid of Antifa, by definition, you must realise that the solution is to stop pretending Antifa is a real thing.

16 Likes

!!!WHAT!!!

Nervous fascists everywhere… Me likey…

7 Likes

As I always bring up when a mouthbreather brings up ANTIFA in any online conversation:
Number of people killed by right wing extremists in 2019: Over 100
Number of people killed by ANTIFA ever: Zero

16 Likes

It is clear that his internet learning years were spent on Yahoo!

5 Likes

I think some folks want to think that their lives are more exciting than they are. Civil War re-enactment seems like a fairly benign way to add drama and a sort of epic significance to your life. But people also have fantasies that they need to carry a concealed weapon to the grocery store because they might be forced to defend themselves against marauders and get the opportunity to be a badass hero (and maybe get the chance to kill someone legally). So the fear is to some degree a pretense or a pretext, but I think the more you act it out the realer it gets.

5 Likes

We need to call them Treason LARPer s

9 Likes

Fewer than a thousand angsty kids with too much black in their wardrobes WHO ARE AGAINST FASCISM are somehow a threat to America? Because being against fascism is literally what WWII was about.

These fucking idiots.

14 Likes

South fails to rise Again

5 Likes

Quoth the original National Review article:

If this was an episode of Law & Order , Bones , Castle , or any other police procedural drama, the big twist would be that the would-be bomber’s motive was personal, not political.

Dun-dun!

3 Likes

No mention of this in Breitbart’s feed. I’m sure that it’s an oversight.

4 Likes

When even Schwarzenegger is making YouTube videos calling Nazis losers, and therefore neo-Nazis aspiring losers, you know they’re on the whack-job fringe.

10 Likes