What to do when a kid gets his head stuck in a gate

If the child is small enough and there are enough hands available, you can also pick them up and tip them upside down, so they come back out face first, the way they went in …

The episode where the lady got her big toe stuck in the bathtub faucet had that effect on me, because for some reason I stuck my toe in there all the time.

2 Likes

I take it you’re unfamiliar with lobster traps.

I know them. You just have to pull hard enough.
(Of course you may end up with crab parts, but that comes with the territory.)

How do you get crab parts from a lobster?

You’ve got to pull really hard. But not too hard, otherwise you’ll end up with prawn parts instead.

4 Likes

Crustacean error! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, one of the options is leaving the lobster in the trap as a crab bait. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How do you get down from an elephant? :elephant:

You’ve never helped your friend Jack off a horse?

1 Like

Depends how tight the lobster has hold.

The unfused clavicles would have allowed the child to get stuck like that in the first place, assuming he didn´t go in the same way he got out.

Heat the gate and froze the kid, simple !

1 Like

That would work. But be careful about how you are doing it; there was a fire in some factory when they decided to flame-heat one part and freeze the other part with liquid butane.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reported a most incredible case [4] . It was decided to shrink-fit a bearing onto a shaft. The shaft was cooled — in a pit — by hosing liquefied petroleum gas onto it while the bearing was heated with an acetylene torch on the floor above the pit. An explosion occurred, killing one man and injuring two others.

[4] W. W. Cloe, Selected Occupational Fatalities Related to Fire and/or Explosion in Confined Work Spaces as Found in Reports of OSHA Fatality/Catastrophe Investigations, Report No. OSHA/RP-82/002, U.S. Dept. of Labor, Washington, DC, Apr. 1982, p. 32.

(from Trevor Kletz: What Went Wrong - Case histories of process plant disasters and how they could have been avoided, 5th ed.)

1 Like

Liquefied petroleum gas ? Okay, I will try that next type I can’t take off my boots.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.