What will Robot Finger find in your cavities?

Originally published at: What will Robot Finger find in your cavities? - Boing Boing

2 Likes

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

7 Likes

Episode 1 Dont Know What To Say GIF by The Roku Channel

5 Likes

I can think of a couple use cases for this: remote medicine (put one of these in the research stations in Antarctica in case of a medical emergency, to give doctors thousands of miles away some semblance of tactile information) and explosives ordnance disposal (give a bomb disposal robot a more nuanced sense of touch to investigate devices) first come to mind.

6 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Am I only one that imagined that the first one of these would be slightly bigger?

2 Likes

may have to add ‘bioinspired’, or hey… “bioinspirational!”, to my yellowing business card.

I was just thinking it would work nicely for finding breaks and clogs in underground pipes. Probably some other plumbing applications that don’t involve our own internal plumbing as well.

3 Likes

Robot rectal exams when?

Forced rectal exams by law enforcement when?

1 Like

This afternoon, and by the side of the highway, if you give enough of them to the Texas highway patrol, that’s my guess.

1 Like

From the headline I thought this would be about a tool for profiling dental caries.

1 Like