What would a new US civil war be like?

We’ve had a civil war in the US for decades, but it’s more between the wealthy families and rest of us. They’re the ones who are fomenting the conflict between reasonable people and Nazis, by co-opting conservatives who say "I’m not a racist but I vote for Republicans because . . . . "

At least that’s one way of looking at it.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Can confirm that.

4 Likes

When the Republicans call suggestions about taxing the top 5% more “class warfare,” what we should say is “We’re just fighting back. You’ve been waging class warfare upon us since Reagan.”

9 Likes

Fixed that for ya.

13 Likes

I meant Arizona. But that’s for contributing.

Speaking as a Canadian, I hope that in 5 years we don’t say;

Because we are rooting for you.

6 Likes

If a civil war breaks out in the United States, Canada will probably have to deal with refugee camps in its territory.

Vociferous agreement up until the last sentence.

1. There is still a brief chance to deal with the situation non-violently. Don’t give up that option until you have to. When possible, it’s the better way.

2. If it goes beyond that, experience with small arms is not going to make a significant difference. Wars aren’t won by marksmanship, they’re won by logistics and artillery.

3. In a guerrilla situation, it still isn’t primarily about small arms. Much more important are: Encrypted comms. IEDs. Counter-surveillance. Etc.

4 Likes

Canada’s already starting with that problem actually. They’ve had to set up camps for American refugees, people who were here as refugees but who are now being forced out. A group of Haitians at the moment, if I recall.

5 Likes

If there is a civil war it will be organized by the rich. As for these stupid rubes, the Nazis, and the racists they are our terrorism problem today. The paramilitaries must be crushed.

1 Like

Yep. Although aside from any practical inconvenience to us; economic woes, fighting on the border, refugees, etc., it would just be a sad and tragic end to a wonderful dream, flawed as it may be (as flawed as any human creation is, not U.S. democracy specifically). I hope the U.S. survives, and it may have a chance to become a stronger, better democracy.

6 Likes

Found Sansa Stark!

1 Like

‘The benefits of a civil society will trickle back to your businesses’.

5 Likes

Putin licking chops.

1 Like
6 Likes

Damn, last week it was nuclear war. This week it’s civil war. So what do worry about next week? Asteroid strike?

1 Like

Paranoia and fear-mongering on the net is pretty common in general, but these days especially, it’s hard to avoid.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Well, there is some good news. Somewhere. I’m sure of it!

2 Likes