Whatcha Playin'? Continue?

I have five achievements left (after starting the DLC).

regret GIF

ETA:

“Galante still cannot confirm whether Vampire Survivors will ever feature vampires.”

2 Likes

I just spent an extremely enjoyable five hours (that’s weird…precisely 5.0 hours) playing through The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow. It’s a modern update on old school point and click adventure games, and an attempt at updating and de-isming Lovecraftian themes.

Strong woman as the lead character, interesting themes of time and memory, and relatively inexpensive (discounted even right now)

3 Likes

Starting later today (Thursday) at 9am MT the Epic Game store is giving away Kerbal Space Program for a week, which a lot of BBSers might enjoy. You get to run a space program! Everything from the budgeting and the research to designing the craft themselves. Your missions are all fully physics simulated and you can build just about any kind of plane or rocket you like. Missions range from shooting spam in a can into orbit to landing on other worlds in your system.

Many, many Kerbals (cute lil alien guys) will die horribly at your hand

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/free-games

(Oh, and Dishonored including all DLC add-ons is free until then and excellent)

2 Likes

Headed over now, I’ve been looking forward to trying this game for a few years now.

1 Like

Damn you to hell! She has to fight me for it now.

3 Likes

Snl Off Work GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Ha ha! I will let you know if I’m able to recommend a recovery program

ETA: My total time is about 90 hours

2 Likes

Thanks to its availability as giveaway through the Epic Game Store last month, I’ve started playing the original Fallout again. This is a game that I remain hilariously terrible at figuring out, even decades later. There are guides I could follow, but I want to be able to navigate the early game on my own. It would be great to find a water chip and kill the timer the game starts with. That’s all.

I still really enjoy the game even if I get stuck a couple hours in.

2 Likes

Fallout (the original) is one of my bete noir. I bought it when it came out. I’ve had it installed almost continuously for at least the past decade. I’m still only about an hour in.

3 Likes

Fallout 1 and 2 are games that I keep hoping will get a more modern remaster. Not like graphics or anything like that because who cares, but interface, user experience, and quality of life improvements would be great! With everyone involved more or less working for Microsoft either as part of inexile or obsidian I hope that it will happen

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m hoping for a Switch port. If you can do Baldur’s Gate on Switch, seems like Fallout should be doable.

1 Like

That would be ideal. But I worry about what might happen considering the disappointment people have had with the Blade Runner update.

2 Likes

After 14 months and 200+ hours finally finished The legend of heroes: Trails of cold steel IV
Great game, but 39 playable characters is way too much!

On to the next one.

2 Likes

The “Trails” games are one of the ones that I have on the list for retirement. When hopefully I will once again have as much time to play gigantic RPGs again, as I did as a child

4 Likes

It’s a bit fiddly to set up, but it works quite well!

3 Likes

WTF? Gamepass is high

Because you played Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga:

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
  • Maneater
  • Jurassic World Evolutions 2
  • Skyrim
  • Hitman Trilogy
  • State of Decay 2

Now, these aren’t horrible suggestions, I’m actually doing Odyssey DLC on another platform, and have finished Skyrim and Maneater. But because of one of the Lego games? buh?

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s just a numbers thing. Many people who played Lego Star wars also played the other games - not because they are similar, but just because they are all popular (well, maybe not Man-eater, though I know that I gave it a shot (and plan to return someday))

This is why I like recommendation systems that also include something about the reason that you are getting the recommendation. Of course Steam gives a little bit of that, but still gives me incredibly strange recommendations sometimes!

I’d expect a ratings filter at least though. Not that it matters in my case, I’m old enough that the ratings don’t matter to me and no kids.

There’s one I’ve seen worse on Netflix.

“Like Rango: Django Unchained” … uhhhhhh, sounds like is not a good match there.

3 Likes

Oh… I promise you - Microsoft knows exactly how.old you are :wink:

And the Netflix thing must be right, because they rhyme

But they haven’t figured out what genres I like from. oh god, 15 years of XBL play history. Others on the list I wouldn’t even consider, like ever. Sports games, multiplayer required games, hell games I’ve installed, tried and uninstalled before even the tutorial was finished.

1 Like