Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

The clip on the IMDB page states that they’re bringing back showrunner Clyde Phillips (the first four seasons). They might just salvage this thing.

3 Likes

FUCK NO.

That part.

I didn’t even finish the last season; Breaking Bad caught my attention and I never went back to watching Dexter, it had gotten so terrible.

But I read about that “ending.”

4 Likes

I’m taking a wait and see approach.

2 Likes

Nope; not a snowball’s chance in hell.

After S5 (which was mostly ‘just okay’) the series slowly went to shit.

2 Likes

Enough twists and turns to hold my attention between action scenes:

5 Likes

I was not at all keen on the series as a whole but this one really stuck with me and i still ponder over it.

1 Like

What If, S2:

Nebula’s a blonde, with most of her organic body still intact, and Thanos was talked out of his batshit genocidal goal that was the whole reason for the infinity war. Wow.

The only bit I didnt like was this “slight change:”

Djimon Hounson’s character, Korath, seems awfully damn pale.

Yes, it’s a nit pick, but a very valid one…

5 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

After Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, this looks very interesting. Also available on Netflix in a variety of languages for additional fun!

4 Likes

Another excellent ep, this series is shaping up quite well and this one wasn’t just a re-skinned Guardians at least. I really liked the positive message that Cha-Cha’s inherent goodness has such an effect on those around him, even The Mad Titan.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there was a disease that caused the aristocracy to murder commoners and the guillotine was only a temporary treatment for it. The disease flared up again during the suppression of the Paris Comune.

1 Like

Agreed. This was a much better what if jumble of characters/ideas than the first which just flipped the story. Plus korath as a fanboy is my current favorite marvel thing ever.

2 Likes

Right?

I saw one complaint on AVC that the show had 'Mary Sue’d him.

I don’t agree. Chadwick Boseman himself was genuinely that good, it seems.

RIP

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s total bull. It’s the very essence of the character that Boseman so greatly embodied and i know we only have this one episode but i took it as read that it’s within the context of the character we know so well already. Or as the reviewer over on tor eloquently puts it - ‘can I just say how much I dig the fact that T’Challa’s sense of justice seems to be a fixed point in the multiverse?

3 Likes

Finally - and it is fantastic!

"It was the popular theme for jests; it was the best cure for headache, it infallibly prevented hair from turning gray, it imparted a peculiar delicacy to the complexion, it was the National Razor which shaved close: who kissed La Guillotine looked through the little window and sneezed into the sack.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

2 Likes

Watched this last night…

Very enjoyable!

2 Likes

Handmaid’s Tale - S04E10 “The Wilderness”

Fuck yes.

Should i have enjoyed watching that? Well, probably not but here we are.

Watched Annette today. It has a great cast, but a creepy twist in the lead character’s story dragged it down.

3 Likes