Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I was thinking more like Amazon Prime does, renting a title for a couple bucks to watch through the app or smart tv/device.

Kind of on demand for those of us that only occasionally want to watch something on a paid service.

But you’re right, it will be interesting to see how it goes for Netflix.

3 Likes

They should make you Co-Co-CEO. That is a better idea than anything they have come up with so far!

2 Likes

Do It Reaction Gif GIF by Acorn TV

3 Likes

I tried to watch Groundhog Day last night but once again I couldn’t find it on any of the streaming services. It seems like I have this same problem every year…

There’s a dine-in movie spot near me that would show Groundhog Day every year and could usually get some of the former cast to make an appearance. The movie was filmed in Woodstock IL, so actors would do their various appearances in Woodstock then come over to the movie theater. My brother worked there at the time and would dress as the character Ned Ryerson (“needle-nose Ned, Ned the head? Bing!”) and greet guests entering the theater. They’d also serve food and drink seen in the movie. I met Brian Doyle-Murray one year, who plays the mayor in the movie.

The theater has had some management changes though so they’ve quit doing it.

ETA: Woodstock, not Rockford

4 Likes

Oopsy or let’s test the waters, either way it’s not a done deal yet.

“For a brief time Tuesday, a Help Center article containing information that is only applicable to Chile, Costa Rica, and Peru went live in other countries. We have since updated it,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement.

Back a little on topic, we’ve been alternating between Dharma and Greg and Family Affair every evening for the last week.

2 Likes

My wife and I binged the show in two days, and I see what you mean. Not great people doing their very best, which is not very good. We don’t always like that (I like shows like that more than she does), but Extraordinary worked for us very well.

There are at least two decent characters. Carrie is probably the least of anyone’s concern.

1 Like

A banner with the slogan: My Bad, I was high on drugs.

7 Likes

im not crying youre crying GIF

I’m a gonna add my praise for an incredible hour of TV, i actually started watching the series after the reception this episode received. I had no doubt Offerman could manage a role like this after watching him in Devs, but an extraordinary bit of acting nonetheless. I know that in the games minority groups seem to exist just so they can suffer the worst violence and depravity but thankfully that’s not the case here.

7 Likes

So me and the wife have been watching Dharma and Greg every evening for the last week.

Tonight at the end of season 3 episode 4 this happened, kind of cool.

Here’s the story of how it happened, totally unscripted and un rehearsed.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Cool! I just checked and the positioning of my TV and my couch provide a perfect sightline! Now I guess I save even more when I don’t go to a theater!

(And that doesn’t even include bribing the projectionist to stop the film while I go to the bathroom!)

11 Likes

Right?

Another impending backlash brewing? You’d think they’d have learned from the recent Netflix debacle.

7 Likes

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

8 Likes

I like the convenience, but i am a fan of some physical media and it still blows my mind that we have these 1.2mm wafers that can hold so much data and is read by a fricking laser! It’s futuristic is what it is.

7 Likes

And of course I read this part automatically in Dr Evil’s voice in my head…

4 Likes

nervous project runway GIF

10 Likes

I don’t know if anyone else watched Reboot, but after being cancelled by Hulu it doesn’t look like it’s getting a second life elsewhere.

2 Likes
4 Likes

“Okay, first of all, he’s gorgeous. He’s got that fucking jawline, and he didn’t give a fuck. He threw his body around. He was so full. And I went, ‘I’m coming for that. I’m inspired.’ It takes a lot, you feel me? To be inspired.”

Probably going to the theater for this.

6 Likes

oooph… he’s not wrong (about Heath).
so the new Antman mat be one to go to the movies! cool!

4 Likes