Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Co written and directed by Lyonne! My love is now bursting. I just wanna hang out, get high and watch Mad God with her!

5 Likes

[turns off phone, huddles under blanket]

3 Likes

i want to go to there 30 rock GIF

4 Likes

Instagram?

5 Likes

Extreme Instagram.

3 Likes

Oh! How nineties!

3 Likes

Anyone watching “The Consultant”?

On ep.2 now. Pretty intriguing.

Also, Christoph Waltz.

It’s come up, tangently, in a couple of other threads so I thought I would mention it here. Cunk on Earth (on Netflix) is brilliant. It has been a long time since I have laughed out loud this many times watching a show. Highly recommended!

9 Likes

This sounds good. I’m 5 eps into an 8 ep series (see above), but will certainly be checking this one out. Ta.

4 Likes

Just started The Law According to Lidia Poët on Netflix. So far, it’s ok. If the MOTW gets stale, it might be good for studying Italian.

5 Likes

Right? I learned a lot about the Crus Ades! :joy:

2 Likes

All the Cunk shows are great. Diane Morgan is amazing. Don’t miss Mandy either

3 Likes

I am definitely seeking out everything she has done!

@milliefink and my respect for Albert Einstein has grown now that I have learned that he was also a professional tongue model!

3 Likes

In deed. No match though for the abs of Michaelangelos David!

2 Likes

Definitely go for this one:

ETA
The keen eyed among you might have noticed that Glinner was involved at the beginning. I hadn’t known that but when he cut off all normal decent people via his descent into utterly crazy transphobic hate, these were among the relationships and gigs that he cut himself off from. Not involved any more.

3 Likes

Just finished “The Consultant”.
8 eps of 30 mins each, but devilishly good.
Christolph Waltz as the titular character - a comedy-drama with plenty of (well, not so much twisty as twisted) bits.

Plus, when you get to the end of the last episode you get a little bonus easter egg - (small spoiler) - Waltz singing a cover of “My Way” over the end credits with the most evil little bad-guy cackle!

1 Like

I will have to check it out! Thanks for letting us know that it’s a comedy drama. For me, these days I need a little haha mixed in, usually. There’s enough drama, tragedy, and suspense tlinnthe real world that I have found I just can’t seek it out in my entertainment on its own…

1 Like

I’ve just read it described as a comedic creepy thriller.
Trust me, worth it.

Also, has: Brittany O'Grady - IMDb

1 Like

Scrolling looking for something to watch tonight Pussycat said “NPR said Only Murders in the Building season two is good” so we gave it another shot.

I had bailed by the second episode last season after some particularly egregious expository dialogue rubbed me the wrong way: coming off a commercial break - “I can’t believe our neighbor was murdered and now we’re breaking into her apartment looking for clues!” :roll_eyes:

Whelp. It’s still lazy, stupid, unrealistic rich person fantasy bullshit. Emphasis on lazy.

Also, in this world for some reason, Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez are NOT Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez, but Sting and Amy Schumer ARE Sting and Amy Schumer.

Whatever.

:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’m late to the game on this one, but I’m liking Fake or Fortune, a show where a pair of art speculators (journalist and critic?) help owners of art pieces determine whether the works they have are genuine or fake. I’m only a few episodes in, but it’s really disheartening to see folks with genuine works get steamrolled by the system and/or greedy collectors. Geez, the landed gentry suck as human beings.

4 Likes