Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I just finished Crazyhead:

Though there were a couple of plot holes, it was pretty entertaining overall.

2 Likes

Raya and the Last Dragon might be catching some flak from Asian communities, but I have to admit it has my favorite Disney character so far, barring any future appearances of Baby Yoda.

Movie Film GIF by Walt Disney Studios

4 Likes

Did you brave the theaters for that one or did you pay for the early access on Disney Plus? (Or I guess some third option best not discussed for legal reasons)

2 Likes

Third option. :man_shrugging:

But the baby would approve…shhhh.

3 Likes

Disney has been sending mixed signals on that front for years.

pirate

7 Likes

Oh, I know!

3 Likes

I wish they would do another season. It was fun!

crazy-head-kickarse-hell

3 Likes

I know; only one season, and that was 5 years ago.

Also…

Raquel is everything.

And Tyler was lovely to look at.

2 Likes

This movie was quirky, slightly disturbing at times, but definitely interesting with a unique cardboard design aesthetic.

(And FYI the director Bill Watterson is not that Bill Watterson, despite the magic fantasy world being facilitated with cardboard boxes.)

3 Likes

Right? Maybe one day…

1 Like

Finally getting around to watching Watchmen.

Holy shit, the end of episode 2 where Will is sitting in Angela’s car, and a massive helicopter shows up with a big old magnet and just PICKS THE WHOLE DAMN THING UP AND FLIES AWAY… the look on Angela’s face when Will looks at her in the side mirror and grins!!! :rofl:.

So far so good.

9 Likes

Along with The Leftovers the redemption of Damon Lindelof for the crimes of Lost (and some truly terribly written films) continues.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this:

Themes similar to this one:

4 Likes

Just finished season 1 of The Alienist.
Can recommend.

1 Like

The worst thing about it is that we only got one season.

I’ve been enjoying this show so far.

2 Likes

John Noble was carrying Fringe almost entirely by himself, doing both the comic relief and the heavy drama—so far there is nobody like that on the new show. Maybe Finola’s dad will be the new Walter, if he ever actually shows up.

3 Likes

I would say the two main characters have more of a Scully and Mulder dynamic than the group deal in Fringe. But more to your point the actors and their characters played are fine but not irreplaceable so far.

The standout character is the ship debris and it’s episode defining effects.

I’m enjoying the show for certain but was also waiting to post about it here until I can watch more episodes just in case it runs out of good ideas or goes no where interesting later in the season.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching Debris as well; my mind isnt made up yet.

Agreed.

2 Likes

They left it open enough for another season, so we’ll see if they decide to go for another one. I hope so, but I’ll be happy with what we got if not.

Did finish it up! I liked all the flashback episodes, like the one that tells us the story of how Dr. Manhattan becomes Calvin. I do wish they’d done a bit more with how Laurie felt about him having been on earth and been married to Angela.

Now I’ve started on Lovecraft Country. Just saw the first episode this week. I like how they are tying the Lovecraftian monsters to racism so far.

5 Likes