Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Hmm, yeah, we differ there too!

I’m fine with despicable characters if there’s a reason for that.

And despite the violence, which is something I normally hate, I thought The Sopranos was brilliant. For similar reasons, come to think of it. Like White Lotus, not apathetic nor overrated at all, IMO, but instead a great, sustained, insightful effort to point out how seductive and morally compromising access to money and power can be (just for starters).

2 Likes

Depending on the story being told, so am I.

One example that immediately comes to mind is Hannibal Lecter, as played by Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Or, to keep it in the realm of tv series, see one Walter White; the epitome of ‘toxic masculinity gone horribly awry’, whom I loathed by the end of the series Breaking Bad… But during the finale, I was still able to root for him one last time, as he killed off even more despicable characters than himself, and then achieved a tiny modicum of redemption before dying.

Or, for another example from the same show; Gustavo Fring, Walt’s nemesis in a few seasons. He was a straight up sociopathic killer who was as cold and unempathetic as ice, and yet he’s an iconic character that I loved to hate.

Whereas with the Sopranos, I just found them all tedious and annoying. I didn’t make it past the first 3 eps, despite a friend raving about how good it was.

2 Likes

Catching up on ST: Discovery season 3. I love Grudge…

Season 3 Discovery GIF by Paramount+

Also… Tilly’s hair… swoon.

9 Likes

That must be a Maine coon; he’s huge!

6 Likes

Indeed! Apparently it was two cats who played the role, and one was slightly fluffier than the other…

6 Likes

This one looks like fun. Finally!

“ Bradley also reveals that “this episode is chock full of cameos” because it was recorded later in the process of making season 1 after many of the MCU actors experienced earlier What If…? episodes and had fun with it. “A lot of the lines are improvised by the actors,” she adds. “It should be Easter egg heaven. I hope people have fun with the one this week because it’s not as bombastic world-ending as other episodes. The mandate for me when I was writing it was, I just want to have fun, I just want to be silly. It’s a lot sillier than anything you’d see in the MCU. It should be an episode to watch with a beer.”

That’s the atmosphere that Hemsworth brought into the recording booth with him for this episode. “He ate it up,” Andrews says. "We started finding the voice and Chris has got such natural comic instincts — they’ve started bringing that out in Ragnarok but we got to lean into that even more so in this.”

—-
Seth Green[makes a] cameo and he came in to record as Howard the Duck

3 Likes

Of course now they decide to air one that isn’t all ‘gloom and doom,’ after I said fuck it and just quit watching the series all together…

2 Likes

I won’t hold you to it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

She is a Queen!

1 Like

It wasn’t just me:

3 Likes

Mr. Corman can be a bit of a jerk, but he’s very relatable. Sadly a little too relatable, to be honest.

He sure does have some pricey gear for a poor teacher! The Tenori-On and the OP-1 cost over a grand each, the Strymon El Capistan pedal is $300, and the Chase Bliss Blooper is $500. I wonder if they’re JGL’s personal kit…

We’re all not worthy!

Watched the Terra Firma episodes last night, where where they sent Georgiou back to the past to save her life…. Me when it was revealed that Carl was the Guardian of Forever….

So Freaking Effing Excited Kristen Wiig GIF by Saturday Night Live

I was not expecting that reveal!

But now I bet that Georgiou is going to be sent far enough back to the past to end up being a founder of Section 31!!! Somewhere between Enterprise and Discovery.

3 Likes

That Carl reveal had me so stoked.

2 Likes

stoked kermit GIF

2 Likes

Wayward Guide GIF by Tin Can Bros

1 Like

Technically the org existed in some form already by Archer’s time (Reed secretly worked for them) but I would be happy with her popping into that time period and shaping the org to what would be in the 2250s. I have a feeling the Borg time jump in First Contact is a much greater nexus point in time than we realize.

In other side note: did you see the cast announcement vid for Strange New Worlds? No other Trek property has me as excited as it does.

3 Likes

Right On Yes GIF by Women's History

It’s gonna rock. I was already onboard because I loved Pike and no. 1 in season 2 of Discovery… but a whole series of them, plus the rest of the cast! Yes, please.

I also heard that JEFFERY COMBS is going to be on an episode of Lower Decks!

Hell yeah!

8 Likes

That was definitely alot of dumb fun. I had wish they would have aired this one in the middle of the doom and gloom episodes.

Altho that ending tag once again shows that every other timeline apparently is just screwed. I guess Dr. Strange’s multiverse scan was more than just showing Thanos outcomes.

3 Likes

Just watched the trailer for Passing on Netflix, and put it on my list:

11 Likes