Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Same here - except for Ward. :roll_eyes: Saw that actor recently on The Equalizer, and my eye started twitching. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

For the longest time I told the kid we couldn’t get Paw Patrol at our house. Well the spouse decided to get paramount + for some reason and now we have paw patrol.
It’s awful

ETA: I also dislike the gender ratio. So far there’s been 5 boy puppies, two boy humans, and a single girl puppy.
Also the lack of cats.

Tired Cat GIF

6 Likes

I didn’t like the show when it first aired, but I happened to give it another shot a couple years ago and the later seasons are decent. It seems like once they stopped the attempted MCU integration and told their own stories, the writing became stronger.

3 Likes

Some black humor and breaking the fourth wall. It seems pretty good so far.

I’m hoping there will be some levity on Samantha Morton’s part. I was really having a hard time liking her much longer simply because of Alpha in The Walking Dead. One of the most hateful villains on that show, IMHO.

Of course, there’s a hateful “anti-woke” review that popped up on the top of the reviews. IMDB needs to start regulating what happens on their website.

1 Like

I loved Ward until he overstayed his welcome. For me, that was beyond season 2. But it was nice to have him back in Agents of Hydra.

1 Like

Ghost was my big comfort show last year - it’s just so good. I was so glad they quickly started to diverge from the British original and tell their own stories which are equally wonderful. If you have not seen it I recommend checking out the original too - it is also delightful. It’s on HBO max as well as, I think, on Britbox

1 Like

It’s super uneven, so I totally get that. I stuck with it because there were always a few characters or plotlines that I liked around at any given time.

But yeah, it was frequently a mess. That said I did really enjoy the last couple of seasons

My favorite Ghost Rider, though.

4 Likes

How the heck did this get greenlit in the first place?

This includes Robert Downey Jr.’s character who is actually supposed to be a Mexican. This role was compared to the time Robert Downey Jr. played a black man in Tropic Thunder.

Did someone not get the joke that the whole basis of Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Tropic Thunder was that he was so hopelessly steeped in privilege that he didn’t understand why a white actor playing a person of color was incredibly inappropriate?

10 Likes

Jesus Christ the bigots are so upset about it that they’re literally deepfaking a white girl into the footage so they won’t have to see a brown-skinned mermaid anymore (but “please do not misinterpret this a racist way”).

9 Likes

A lot of people get this wrong. Downey did NOT play a black man in that movie. He played an offensively-out-of touch Australian method actor who somehow thought it was Ok to perform in blackface. Subtle but important difference. Though I suppose that some might argue that the Rule of Goats still applies.

7 Likes

How have I never heard of Danger 5 before?
Impossible to explain, unmissable nevertheless.
Watch one episode and you’ll understand addiction.

danger5

7 Likes

Holy bejesus, what massive babies…

Tantrum Crying GIF

it’s over for wokecels

orange-new-black-hear-yourself

9 Likes

Well, obviously not racist! Would a racist use the bizarre term “wokecel”?! /s

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

2 Likes

Such a great show! Over too soon, but I am so thankful for what we have!

3 Likes

More thoughts on this…not from me, but…

from

fancy singing fish

Not Funny Reaction GIF by Bounce

14 Likes

Imagine being so caught up on skin color that you thought the top half of a mermaid was the part that made the love story with the prince disturbing.

18 Likes

I am surprised (given who we are talking about) that they are not also demanding that she be underage again!

Disney did age her up for the new movie and fix that very bad problem, right? …Right?

(Insert Anakin-Padme gif)

2 Likes

Danger 5 is fantastic.

Danger 5 Kill Hitler 1

8 Likes

It’s like these dickheads never saw the Futurama episode set in Atlanta…

fry-futurama-run-away

10 Likes