Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

“But that doesn’t mean that the Pizza Poppa was brought in as a one-off character. In a new interview with Slash Film, Campbell teases that there’s much more going on to the pizza ball salesman than fans yet know, which could explain why he broke the fourth wall by looking directly at the camera and speaking to the crowd in the Doctor Strange 2 post-credit scene. The actor reveals he’s had “long, boring talks” with Marvel producers, presumably about when and how to bring Campbell back in the MCU.

As the actor explains in the interview:

“Well, if you think, for example, that he’s just a Pizza Poppa, I think you’re sorely mistaken, because as we all know, once you get into that multiverse, be very careful. Perceptions are not what you think they are. Do you think I would’ve signed up for this one stupid little part with a guy with four lines of dialogue? Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I’ve had long, boring talks with Marvel.”“

They need Ash in Marvel’s Zombies.

4 Likes

evil dead GIF

3 Likes

There is a Marvel character called “Wonder Man”

5 Likes

Bruce Campbell Wink GIF by The Paley Center for Media

I do love that man!

He says he’s done playing Ash IRL, but…

Paley Center Starz GIF by The Paley Center for Media

5 Likes

Rewatching History of the World Pt 1 before taking up the sequel.

I’d forgotten about Bea Arthur working the desk at the unemployment line in ancient Rome.

“Either you kill next week, or we change your status.”

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

9 Likes

I think that was the best one yet. Good and twisty.

I wanted Mortimer to survive another few episodes - would’ve made a great sidekick.

But, I don’t know if anyone else heard this - every time I hear the slow-mournful-banjo-twangs - I just get Hitchhikers Guide theme tune.

Does not spoil it a jot.

5 Likes

Finally getting around to watching Foundation. So far it…alright. I like how they made changes to put women and people of color into much more parts of the story. It’s certainly pretty to look at. I’ll keep with it, I imagine, just to see more of shirtless Lee Pace

1 Like

Wow, I thought this was great.

Anyone else seen it?

4 Likes

Saw it a couple of years ago. Powerful . Hard to watch, but extremely well done.

3 Likes

I watched it a while back. It’s really a great story and very well done.

2 Likes

Agreed!

I’ve been reading this piece, which it’s based on. It won a Pulitzer. Great reporting.

4 Likes

Okay, I’ve already breezed through History of the World Part II, and I have to give it a thumbs up. Brooks and Co. have changed up the format a bit to be more vignettes than a long narrative, and are definitely more aware and sympathetic to world problems in this one, and it has some good moments. It’s not “classic” Brooks, but it’s still worth a watch.
High points include Wanda Sykes as Harriet Tubman or Shirley Chisolm, and Dove Cameron as Anastasia Romanov, or Jay Ellis as Jesus.

2 Likes

Ronnie Chieng as Kublai Khan.

1 Like

Yes, that was good. :+1:

Idris Elba is back as “supercop” Luther vs. one of the most loathsome screen villains yet (spoiler). Very high-tech and over the top like a Bond film, so even though he’s not gonna be 007, you can sort of pretend he is in this one. After the first act, plenty of white-knuckle action.

6 Likes

welcome to the Keys. still a fun place to visit but, it is florida-da…
Key West is still open, diverse and welcomes all.
maybe skip the trip the Diz and c’mon down where Pride flags, Conch Republic flags and pirate flags still fly higher than the red-white-&-blue.

6 Likes

Well, maybe not Johnny Rocco!

3 Likes

This may be one of the best sketches of the entire season.

5 Likes

Tempting! But um, not many Confederate flags, I hope?

No problem on my part skipping the Diz (yech!).

6 Likes

honestly, i don’t see those much down here.
mainland, yes. islands, not so much (certainly not in KW).

8 Likes