"Whatever lies behind the door" The night before Bowie died

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/10/whatever-lies-behind-the-doo.html

7 Likes

The final song of that concert always gives me the shivers:

5 Likes

The best part of watching D.A. Pennebaker’s “Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars,” particularly Bowie’s hypnotic performace of “Moonage Daydream,” is how transfixed the crowd is. David has those kids floating with every breath he takes.

1 Like

The night of Jan 9th 2016, I picked up my guitar and started strumming Space Oddity. I’ve always liked to think that I was just one of millions that night who somehow felt compelled to play/listen to his music, and we were all just unconsciously, collectively saying a final goodbye to the Starman. So thanks for sharing this little story.

2 Likes

The night Bowie died was interesting for me. I had heard a bit of song Blackstar on radio earlier in week and made a mental note to look up his new music. That night, I finally did. When I saw him in Blackstar and then Lazarus I was shocked and a bit dismayed. I hadn’t seen what he looked like for a long while and looking at these videos and listening to the words…I got choked up…realized he was dying…maybe even a couple tears. Then I went to FB…I noticed a Bowie song post from a younger friend…seemed a little out of character for him…I knew then he died. I searched online and it was confirmed he just died…well, his physical body did anyhow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.