David Bowie, RIP

[Read the post]

1 Like

So sad :’(

3 Likes

I choose to believe he simply turned into an owl and flew off into the night.

44 Likes

“Look up here, I’m in heaven”

…

6 Likes

I thought one of his best performances was opposite Ricky Gervais.

I really wanted him to have time to settle down and start explaining things to us.

RIP

12 Likes

Godspeed, Major.

8 Likes

At first blush it’s odd that so many people had this unquestionable idea of him as someone who obviously would live forever. But… he will live forever.

I am so thankful to him for his music, which was huge for me as a “young dude” (and ever since), his wonderful film performances (I was just praising him while recommending Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence to someone shortly before the announcement), and his persona and everything - he inspired me in a lot of ways. And, I’m particularly thankful that I was able to be in his presence on one occasion, his concert in Toronto back in 2004.

14 Likes

I’m reeling.

18 Likes

The circuit’s dead there’s something wrong.

12 Likes

First Lemmy, now Bowie.

Death, please space these things out more, especially around the holidays. But thanks for letting him go out in style.

8 Likes

Another who appeared they’d live forever. :cry:

I’m glad I saw him live back in 2003 or 04, it was incredible. On top of digging my CDs out of storage, I’m going to have to put The Man Who Fell to Earth and The Hunger on later.

Oh, and this of course.

20 Likes

Dammit.

16 Likes

Pretty soon you’re gonna get a little older.

RIP you beautiful beast.

4 Likes

My first memory of his work was seeing the Ashes to Ashes video in 1980 as an 8 year old. Absolutely gutted.

Moonage Daydream has one of the best opening lines ever.

RIP, my thoughts are with your friends & family, and thank you.

5 Likes

Do you remember a guy that’s been
In such an early song?
I’ve heard a rumor from Ground Control
Oh no, don’t say it’s true…

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky!

5 Likes

I’ll be playing this one on repeat all day, as I did a number of times before.

1 Like

so. 2016 is already a worse year than 2015.

8 Likes

Hadn’t even finished mourning Lemmy. Ah well. Godspeed, farewell.

4 Likes

He seems to have been a part of my life since “The Man Who Sold The World”. Very sad.

1 Like

While I personally never got much into Bowie, somewhere one of my exes is most likely completely broken hearted right now.