Puddles covers Bowie's "Lazarus"

Originally published at: Puddles covers Bowie's "Lazarus" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That’s a solid version.

6 Likes

puddles always delivers.

4 Likes

I know it’s been six years, but I still haven’t been able to listen to Blackstar. I watched the videos when they came out and thought that it was something that deserved my full attention. It’s not something I want to put on in the background when I hear it for the first time. I want to really listen. But getting up the nerve to put myself in that space for an hour is still difficult. Being a proper cynical member of GenX, I never expected that a celebrity death would affect me like Bowie’s.

Maybe it’s time now.

6 Likes

If you don’t listen to it then it’s not his last album.

4 Likes

I hear you man but now is the time to listen to it. Like balm to the soul during difficult times.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Please, if you get the time to listen right through, let us know your thoughts. I’d be interested as I take it we are both Bowie fans.

1 Like

I can’t listen to this album again for the first time. You can, and I’d love to know your thoughts.

1 Like

Bowie was a part of my entire life from as early as I can remember. Losing him was hard, it wasn’t expected and by all rights, he should’ve been with us for a decade longer than we had him. Losing Prince so soon after was a double kick on the pants.

4 Likes

That was f-ing beautiful.

1 Like

Puddles is awesome,we drove a few hours to see him a couple years ago.

Sold out show in a small theater. Before the show he came up to the balcony in full costume to meet everyone and take pictures with anyone who wanted one.

After the show he stayed in the lobby until everyone that wanted to meet him did.

He’s a big guy, towers over most people but he stays in character and doesn’t talk. Very nice man. Can’t wait to see him again.

1 Like

I was just going to say the same thing. I think David would approve. :smiling_face_with_tear:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.