What's the point of like caps?

Well I just came here to say it keeps your like head warm. But thats redundent at this point.

3 Likes

Too right, ya slags!

2 Likes

Itā€™s cominā€™ ouuta me like a yellah cable!

2 Likes

Late Stage Like Capitalism

6 Likes

While weā€™re going down this route why 1 like per comment. Some comments might deserve more of my like allowance than others.

Well, caps are, like, good for when itā€™s sunny and stuff. I mean, like, when itā€™s raining, too, and my hair is dry and I donā€™t wanna get wet and stuff, like, thatā€™s the perfect time for a cap. Like, who doesnā€™t use caps? Theyā€™re, like, dumb. Right? Gawd, like, thatā€™s a dumb question.

3 Likes

What do you do when you find a space man?
You park, man.

5 Likes

Ooh, like a ā€œbest comment Iā€™ve read all dayā€ like? It could be activated by a double-heart click, and you only get one vote each day. And, more badges!

Cā€™mon @codinghorror, you gotta do something with all that new postgres capacity on your handsā€¦

1 Like

Like caps are a half-assed attempt to control Like inflation.

Vote for me, and Iā€™ll tie Likes back to the gold standard

5 Likes

Oh my god, heā€™s some kind of bohemian Free Like advocate! Alert the authorities!

5 Likes

Likes should be like bitcoins, where you can mine one every time you divide by zero. Iā€™d be like-rich.

4 Likes

Is it that simple!?

I knew I was doing it wrong!

1 Like

Yeah you just pick a random integer between 0 and a very large prime ( for cryptographic security) then divide one by it and make a hash of the result when it crashes. You have to be really fast with that last part - thatā€™s why they have custom ASICs now.

2 Likes

Thank you this has been so informative.

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always assumed itā€™s because a command line could be written that would ā€œlikeā€ everything ever posted, or everything posted by a particular person, pretty trivially. Just tcpdump a session while you are signing in and liking a couple posts, parse out the important parts, and slap something together with the gnu awk and netcat, or whatever tools you favor. Easy peasey.

2 Likes

Yes. Now we do.

6 Likes

Just ask @OtherMichael.

i dont know what you are talking about

no seriously its a bookmarklet

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure he has the programming chops (donā€™t know about the packet mangling part) but Iā€™m also pretty sure he doesnā€™t use a script. They donā€™t hit fast enough for that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 400 days. New replies are no longer allowed.