What's the *worst* movie you've ever seen?

and YOU’RE UNINVITED from FESTIVUS!

5 Likes

@OtherMichael can come to our Festivus.

14 Likes

I forgot to mention but I was … pressured into watching that movie as an adult. It was terrible. But it may have been a good bad movie? As long as you’re into drinking games or watching bad movies for entertainment, it’s probably still worth it.

Oh, and since we’ve drifted off into good bad movies, Battlefield Earth is hilarious. So is the first Twilight.

Kind of surprised no one has mentioned The Room yet. A terrific bad movie.

5 Likes

Yes, but did you then downvote it on Netflix?

Thinking back, “Fled” comes to mind, with Lawrence Fishburne and a Lesser Baldwin.

And, oddly enough, the catchphrase, “Let’s fled”, as a cool yet motivational suggestion to friends to leave an area immediately (and usually on motorcycles, at illegal and risky speeds), has not caught on in American parlance.

2 Likes

Can we really do more Hammer Films as-sci fi?

(Just… without Lucas’ involvement, please.)

1 Like

Well, the first letters do tell a tale…

10 Likes
  • How can this opinion be taken seriously?
  • Everyone tends to agree that even taken with its flaws, it’s pretty far from the worst movie ever.
  • Seriously, get a grip.
  • Anyone worth listening to disagree with me?
  • See, they all back me up.
  • Miscasting Mark Hamill? That’s the best performance he ever gave until his Joker.
  • Alec Guinness may have been phoning it in, but he’s still earning his paycheck. Consummate pro.
  • Rookie? Oh… you mean Wookiee. Whatevs.
  • Try being more familiar with the source material before spouting off such ill-informed bantha poodoo.
  • And saying it’s “derivative of westerns” except for the bar scene?
  • Sets are “gorgeous” but the lighting was bad?
  • Science Fiction is literary, even if Star Wars isn’t particularly. Literary or science fiction.
16 Likes

Hey, @Mister_Eppy - you’re gonna need a bigger boat.

You’re quite the catch, Donald.

22 Likes

It was bad… Gerard Butler, chewing the scenery… NORTH KOREA as the bad guys (I mean, really?)… and there is a sequel…

2 Likes

I already put that on hold at the library :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Paul Blake’s Greedo wasn’t bad either. I got a real sense of threat and danger from him.

“Oota Choocha, Solo?”

2 Likes

13 Likes

Wow. Nicely done. Tip of the hat to you, little mouse. tip

7 Likes

Frankly, as bad as the movie was, I did enjoy it. But it’s terrible. I’m sure this one will be even worse.

1 Like

I’ve only heard really horrible reviews.

1 Like

I’d suggest drinking during, as it will vastly improve the quality.

2 Likes

Don’t do that again.
Of all the things to miss.
How could I have missed THAT?
!!!

8 Likes

Yeah - it was a stretch, for sure. I was so enamored of my cleverosity and then so mortified that the joke had tanked so badly. Doubled down by trying to get it noticed. Yuk…I feel slimy.

I did see it in 77 at the uptown, and it’s been my fave ever since.

13 Likes

Not at all! That was delightful… you had me going for a full day at least! I’m mortified I didn’t catch it sooner (and without a hint)!

7 Likes

5 Likes