What's the *worst* movie you've ever seen?

WHO are these people?

Oh, I see by zooming in that the two gentlemen wrote and directed this movie.

1 Like

I do not recommend doing any further research.

It’s bad.

Like, Ishtar bad; only without the attempt at lame comedy.

It’s so bad that I could only endure about 20 minutes of it…

2 Likes

Certainly by the time you got to the line about Science Fiction I knew you were pulling our legs, but I did not cotton on until it was blatantly pointed out to me. Your “even as the first letters” was a magnificent tip-o-the-hat that we were too crude to notice.

Do not blame us – we are not worthy.

Speaking of which – when I finally saw Wayne’s World a couple of years ago I was quite bowled-under. Not the worse film I’ve ever seen. But not very good.

7 Likes

I enjoyed it when it came out, but it’s one of those movies which ages extremely poorly. Time has done it no favors. Kind of fascinating actually, how some comedies are timeless and others make you wince just five years later.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Along with Birdemic, it’s one of those movies designed for Rifftrax.

I find that it takes a certain sort of movie for the writing to really shine, they have a lot of duds.

1 Like

High praise indeed.

Wayne’s World: yah - it definitely doesn’t hold up over time. Because of my age and the culture in which I experienced it, I held a far higher opinion of it 20 years ago. Now? Meh…

To continue with actual worst of all time, I’d go with either Godfather or Dr. Strangelove (ducks)

4 Likes

Ack, Birdemic! There’s no way I would be able to watch that without the Rifftrax chaser. Same goes for Sharknado. Horrible, awful garbage.

4 Likes

14 Likes
2 Likes

I watched Sharknado. Well, about an hour of it. Got my money’s worth, didn’t need more than that. I’m not sure Rifftrax would improve upon it. I think the Rifftrax/MST3K approach only works properly with movies made by people that don’t actually know they’re making schlock.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten to the point where there are terrible movies I won’t even bother to see. Most involve Rob Schneider. But at this point I’m having nothing to do with anything Adam Sandler does with Netflix. They’re like kryptonite for brain cells.

2 Likes

I watched the whole thing, and laughed my ass off. I may or may not have relieved myself of my sobriety in order to achieve that. Allegedly.

I watched about 10 minutes of the second movie and realized that I had my fill. I read the title of the third one, and that was plenty enough.

1 Like

But see, I didn’t think it was going to be good (the Twitteratti was all about how bad it was) and I wasn’t disappointed. It was so bad, it was good. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised how bad it was. Not sure about the sequels…

1 Like

The are some bad films that go so far into the schlock they become a sublime experience doubly so with friends. My favorite example for this is The Creeping Terror. Just so bad in so many ways that all you can do is be amazed and awestruck at the sheer awfulness and ineptness of it.

3 Likes

Mine is The Beast of Yucca Flats. The director was so inept that he didn’t know how to record sound, so all of the audio is dubbed in. A lot of the conversations take place inside houses, with the camera outside, to avoid having to lip-synch.

4 Likes

Whoa. I MEAN WHOA. I mean, it’s ok for me to joke about Star Wars, because -well, reasons. But there are chilluns out here on the interwebz who may take your Ishtar mythos as accepted wisdom.

I refer you to: Elaine May Talks About “Ishtar” | The New Yorker

Also: “If all of the people who hated Ishtar had actually seen it, I would be a rich woman” - Elaine May

Also: It was unquestionably a box office flop (famously so, duh) but that does not make it a bad movie.

Also, most importantly:

3 Likes

A pox upon your house, sir!

For me that would have to be 'the Stuff.’

6 Likes

That was a great creepy movie, though!

2 Likes

For what it was sure; but it was silly as all hell.

For campy and creepy, this is my pick:

2 Likes