What's your internal age?

Not measured in Earth years!

1 Like

Some of my dreams are basically feature-length movies and some of the characters are very obvious tropes with their genders assigned by those tropes (or in some cases, are played by real-world actors). I would think that kind of dream is correlated with being a writer - no speculation on which way that causality runs. But yeah, being trans I donā€™t know. While dreams like that are more common than transgender people, they might not be more common than people who arenā€™t all that attached to their assigned gender.

7 Likes

This was bouncing around the interwebs a few years ago:

2 Likes

I picked late teens (based on second question). As described in the article @smulder linked, it was a time of many firsts. Exploring, meeting a variety of people, trying new things, finding out who I really was. (For me, it was teens instead of 20-30) But also, it was a time with lots of freedom and energy, and relatively little responsibility. I didnā€™t have much wealth, but I sure enjoyed what I had. And there was so much potential for the future.

Funny thing I remember from being a kid - looking at the clothes my older relatives wore and guessing when they hit their peak. Because they seemed to stick with clothes/styles from that time. And yes, I still like my slashed up jeans, concert tees, and leather jackets. No more long hair though.

I donā€™t know about dream age, not something I ever thought of before, but now Iā€™m curious, so Iā€™ll pay more attention.

4 Likes

I am myself in years and in personage. The coat I wear appears on me in my dreams and must be hung up at the threshold, near the fire, to dry before I don it to venture outside again. I am still the same person as I was when I was five. Maybe four. The quality of my thoughts is the same, the content differs. So I am also just as old as I am. Progressively gaining new perspective on the thing that I am.

5 Likes

8, going on 70.

3 Likes

Very eloquently put. That sounds like something Neil Gaiman might write. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember deciding, on my seventh birthday, that I didnā€™t want to get any older. The intervening decades have done nothing to persuade me that wasnā€™t a good plan. I also wish that I had managed to follow my childhood dream, which was to hide behind the sofa reading Asterix books and eating Ovaltine out the tin with a spoon.

8 Likes

presumably 15

(not to make fun of her, I think the story of her life is sad)

1 Like

Itā€™s an interesting question. Iā€™ve found Iā€™ve enjoyed getting older. I like myself more, understand myself more. But when I think about what I feel, itā€™s closer to early 20s (Iā€™m 30). Part of me feels like Iā€™ve been behind my peers in many ways, so maybe thatā€™s why I feel younger.

This topic was automatically closed after 227 days. New replies are no longer allowed.