When 8-year-olds redesign famous band tees

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/18/when-8-year-olds-redesign-famo.html

8 Likes

I love meta jokes, i did chuckle at the mix of different bands but what really got me was the recursive shirt design of a Joy Division t-shirt. Can i get a poster with the recursive shirt? :thinking:

28 Likes

I’d like a t-shirt of that poster.

23 Likes

So we can put that poster on a t-shirt.

12 Likes

And then we need a poster of THAT t-shirt…

8 Likes

I am running out RIGHT NOW to get my tattoo of that poster of a tee-shirt of a poster of a tee-shirt of a tee-shirt of a Joy Division album cover based on an image of radio waves from pulsar CP 1919 from The Cambridge Encyclopaedia of Astronomy.

It’s going to be EPIC!

15 Likes

Hipster! :grin:

9 Likes

Fair.

I do think it’ll go nicely with my photo of a photo of a tattoo of a Jackson Pollock painting (attributions unknown, unfortunately):

5 Likes

Wow! Yes, it would! I wonder how accurate the tat actually is? :thinking:

3 Likes

My guess is: not very — the tattoo itself is (I was informed) about 3" x 6", and monochromatic…

2 Likes

Gets the point across, i guess? :grin:

3 Likes

Exactly.

(ISWYDT)

3 Likes

it’s perfect because unfortunately the t-shirt has become more iconic among the hip set than the actual music.

5 Likes

I unironically own and love this shirt variant:

3 Likes

Not in my experience. Most people I’ve seen wearing a JD shirt who I’ve talked to are fans…

2 Likes

Look, I’m just going to skip ahead here and…

12 Likes

IP lawyers “cease and desist” notice coming in 5… 4…

1 Like

I am assuming that mom is claiming the daughter designs them to shield against that

If you really want to skip ahead, just wear the original t-shirt in front of an infinity mirror.

Yeah, but it’s the poster of the t-shirt of the poster of the…

1 Like