When Donald Trump speaks at the NRA tomorrow, lo and behold, guns will suddenly be banned

Well, I assume the NRA will be boycotting his visit then.

16 Likes

Like everything else, they want it both ways.

They want you to think it’s not them, they would do it differently, that they’re just the victim here. While at the same time not actually taking any stand against those things.

They could of not had any speakers with Secret Service protection.
They could of had those speakers remote on a large video screen.
They could have had those speakers remote on a large video screen in the main room and a smaller restricted room at a different location.

They don’t want to stand up for their talking points. They want to play the victim.

10 Likes

The secret service, even though it’s the former president, has no jurisdiction in Texas that allows them to do this ban. If the President wanted guns around him, they’d allow it. Reagan was regularly armed post presidency and so were many of his friends and nobody in the secret service batted an eye over it.

This is because Donald Trump and others know the truth. Guns ARE the problem. He’s going to be speaking in a room full of “good guys with guns” , probably the most “on his side” crowd of people he’s going to see… and yet he and the secret service still aren’t going to let it happen.

8 Likes

Because he’s still trying to project power. Hell, people in that audience think that he’s POTUS.

7 Likes

Taxpayers having to stump up for a Traitor’s Secret Service Detail. :roll_eyes:

@Akimbo_NOT I owe you a coke.

14 Likes

I would sadly point out this is just SOP for the Secret Service, but I’m also WELL familiar with the NRA banning guns on its convention floors in the past, so this is nothing new. The hypocrisy of conservatives always runs deep.

13 Likes

While continuing to reap massive profits perpetually.

17 Likes

Concerned citizens should hold an open carry protest outside. Maybe get a convoy going.

17 Likes

This would be shouting fire in a crowded theater, and would rightfully result in whoever did it being brought up on charges. And now that you mentioned doing it in an open internet forum, if it does happen, I’d imagine the police will start here.

2 Likes

It’s almost like the Secret Service knows that a gun ban will objectivilly make people more safe.

But fans of the NRA are fine with selectivity supporting the government sometimes (back the blue etc) and making it a boogyman others. So I don’t see this point making it across to the attendees.

11 Likes

There is no law requiring a former President to accept Secret Service protection at all for that matter. He could tell them all to piss off and let his NRA buddies keep him safe if he wanted to.

10 Likes

But surely an NRA convention ought to be nothing but good guys with guns. By their own logic, Trump should be safer there than any place on the planet.

6 Likes

I wonder if the idiots who were so gleeful to open carry in front of Obama will be there. Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal - CNN.com

2 Likes

I mean they will be, but they’re also racists so they’ll follow their dear white pride leader.

3 Likes

Trump probably would forbid you bringing coke and mentos to his speech too.

2 Likes

I think that Donny Jr might be interested in the coke.

5 Likes

Also fruit

2 Likes

Of course, the Abominable Orange is both a physical and a moral coward, and has nothing but contempt for the rubes. He won’t take the risk.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.