When Nancy Grace rants against weed, she is the best crazy lady

I sure try not to interact with them in person

8 Likes

Well, she can tell us her science.

What, she doesn’t have any?

2 Likes

I refuse to look it up, it will just depress the hell out of me.

2 Likes

Nancy needs a good hard slap in the face, a few deep hits of some Blue Dream, and some serious schtupping.

2 Likes

Ugh. Can’t do it. I have no idea how deep the crazy goes because I could only get a minute or so into it.

For a media “personality” she sure projects grating unpleasantness over the tube.

1 Like

What’s your point? Is it that if she makes a boat load of money, she’s NOT an idiot?
Have you ever worked in corporate America for any length of time? If yes, did you ever come into direct contact with your “leadership team” people?
Because I have met a SHIT LOAD of people that make a ton of money and are plain old fucking idiots. They’re cunning, sure. But fucking idiots.

4 Likes

I’m willing to do the first part but you’re going to have to draw lots for the last portion.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m being too generous to her, I was imagining that the nutjob on TV is a persona leveraged to make money - in much the same way that I really don’t think Bill O’Reilly is that much of a moron, but it pays him to appear to be one, or the way that Katie Price has managed to carve herself a very profitable niche of appearing to be an utter airhead.

But it’s entirely possible she really is that nuts. :smile:

The CEOs I’ve met have struck me as completely detached-from-reality sociopaths more than anything.

5 Likes

I don’t think the true crazies do find their way here - at least I haven’t seen them here…

1 Like

You had her at “willfully ignorant”. As a Special Prosecutor (with the Atlanta-Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney’s office), she was twice censured:

While a prosecutor, Grace was reprimanded by the Supreme Court of Georgia for withholding evidence and for making improper statements in a 1997 arson and murder case. The court overturned the conviction in that case and found that Grace’s behavior “demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness and was inexcusable.” [9] As well, a 2005 federal appeals opinion by Judge William H. Pryor, Jr. found that Grace “played fast and loose” with core ethical rules in a 1990 triple murder case, including the withholding of evidence and allowing a police detective to testify falsely under oath. The 1990 murder conviction was upheld despite Grace’s prosecutorial misconduct.

I can only imagine her moving to exclude and completely strike any mention of the empty pill bottles and mamby-pamby talk of chemical withdrawal from the record. They are completely irrelevant to her case - she’s there to convict the whacky-tobacky for driving that completely-otherwise-normal man to murder.

7 Likes

“Have you no conscience? When will you stop?”

“Obviously, you’re stoned.”

Nancy’s equivalent to covering her ears and repeating, “neener-neener” until she can (air quote) win the argument.

2 Likes

Well, somebody just lost Doritos as a sponsor…

15 Likes

And the sad truth is that her audience represents some portion of American voters, and her lunacy only serves to reinforce the worst of their notions about MJ and what effects it has/does not have on the human body.

Isn’t that basically the methodology for the majority of TV talking heads?

1 Like

She used to be a prosecutor, so she likely was in her own universe long before TV.

4 Likes

Generally, for the CEO’s/Presidents, those guys/gals are pretty smart. But yes, often completely detached from reality and/or sociopaths.
However, as you go below that in the senior VP level, VP’s, directors, etc… it’s sometimes a little shocking when you talk to these people and find out they are staggeringly dumb. Or worse, NOT dumb, but completely ignorant of the organizations within the company they are supposed to be running.
I say sometimes, because I became much too jaded a couple decades ago…

And a terrible one at that.
https://youcouldbewrong.wordpress.com/the-state-of-the-media/behaving-badly-nancy-grace/

I consider her a drinking game these days. One for if she mentions her career in the courts, one for when she says “guilty,” two if she pounds on the table, and finish your glass if she talks about her fiancee.

4 Likes

I see that she’s from Georgia, but she reminds me of some people around me during my childhood/adolescence in Arlington, TX, which is a place I like to keep in the rear-view mirror. That said I almost made it to 5 minutes.

(edited typos)

1 Like

Cable television has little or no value.

While I don’t believe it is right to do this but when I see and hear her I just get this overwhelming urge to slap her in her face.

2 Likes