When old tweets about murdering his opponent and masturbating to a public figure surface, a congressional candidate instantly drops out of his race

Oh to be young enough to not remember rolodexes

5 Likes

I think a “mental” one is supposed to be one that’s full of images of certain women one can conjure from for having a wank?

Or wait, maybe that’s binders full of women. :thinking:

13 Likes
13 Likes

Oh, the Analogue Wank Bank.
Why didn’t he just say that?

11 Likes

Literally my first thought. But then I’m in Florida and fake candidates are a way of life here.

5 Likes

Earth?

3 Likes

Nah, he’d double-down and say “What, my opponent doesn’t deserve to be killed? I can’t masturbate to whatever I want? If I can’t do those things you’re censoring me, and is that what you want in an elected official, to have them censor you?”

2 Likes

You don’t mustn’t. Portugal is really nice and very affordable and has hardly any fascists anymore AND egg tarts!

3 Likes

Holy crap he’s an even bigger dirtbag than he seems.

6 Likes

Who runs?

Some candidates are candidates just to further their personal brand, get free attention with NO expectation of winning (every gdamn real estate agent in my city during mayoral elections).

Then you have those who like to poke bears and more or less treat the whole thing as a drunk-dare.

Can’t forget the slimy smarmy types who wrap themselves in Family/Flag/Jesus … then accuse their victims of dredging up the past when a reporter uncovers those hushed-up college rape convictions.

Forgotten in all that noise is the honest well-meaning candidate who doesn’t stand a chance…

1 Like

Ah no, that’s a Republican putting a cheerful spin on why he’s dropping out.

3 Likes

Political offices really should improve the quality of its gatekeepers.

Oh, fuck. There ain’t any!

2 Likes

I need a brain transplant today apparently.

3 Likes

Democrats In Disarray

Dusty Johnson?
I had that once. Trip to the doc and a can of pledge later I was good as new.

2 Likes

Put some Windex on it.

1 Like

You forgot “Jesus has forgiven me.”

4 Likes

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

I remember that!

6 Likes

He’s a Democrat in the same way Joe Manchin is a Democrat.

2 Likes

Maybe someone who makes sweeping statement about what “all guys” are like still feels like they’re in the 80s? :laughing: It does feel a bit like the setup to a 30-year-old standup routine.

1 Like