Elon Musk uses Twitter to tell Independents: "Vote for a Republican"

Originally published at: Elon Musk uses Twitter to tell Independents: "Vote for a Republican" | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

57 Likes

In violation of his new moderation edict, issued shortly before:

51 Likes

87 Likes

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

34 Likes

56 Likes

Ugh, the “I am very rational” sludgy veneer of “Balance of Power” makes me gag, on top of everything else that sucks about this. A blazing apotheosis of “Enlightened Centrists” smugly fast-tracking fascism in a “logically bulletproof” suppository.

51 Likes

I am tired of this timeline.

Can we get a retcon where the FBI did not interfere in the 2016 election, and perhaps even stopped the Russians from interfering?

Knowing I am asking for a lot, I would also not mind a retcon where the conservative party had not lost its mind. I fear that would require a retcon of Nixon’s Southern Strategy, and a retcon of the reaction to Roe v. Wade, which may be too much to ask of a retcon.

40 Likes

…shared power curbs the worst excesses of both parties…

I suppose this canard might work on a small subset of “independents” who’ve had their heads deeply rooted in the sand for the last 20 years; but EVERYONE else knows this results in nothing getting done.

And I don’t believe this is the result of idealism from Musk — he knows EXACTLY what he’s doing, and what he’s setting the US up for.

34 Likes

More / Settings and Support / Settings and Privacy / Deactivate your account.

34 Likes

MAGAphone activate!

14 Likes

Scratch any self-described Libertarian in America and you’ll find a Republican underneath.

66 Likes

Wear protective gloves before you scratch.

45 Likes

You are too kind to him.

18 Likes

Does “shared power” mean proposing impeachment hearings when you haven’t even said what you’re impeaching the president for yet?

Politics is supposed to be about managing the needs of the population. “Revenge” is not really good for that.

32 Likes

Too bad Republicans are like Sauron in this regard.

17 Likes

Or one of those metal claw things that baddie wore when he fought Bruce Lee?

6 Likes

I have seen the government needs to be changed regularly bit before, always when a less-right-wing party is in charge, then conveniently forgotten for however long the more-right-wing party is in power.

I really hope everybody who isn’t already in on the alt-right bullshit knows not to listen to this pathetic bigot, and it helps inspire more action again him. Fingers crossed.

32 Likes

OH nooo… I didn’t see this Tweet before I voted today! Sorry, Elon, I dun goofed!

30 Likes

That’s ok! You can easily vote again, as several (indicted) conservatives have proven

22 Likes