When Ringo Starr and The Monkees pitched pizza together (video)

Originally published at: When Ringo Starr and The Monkees pitched pizza together (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

It ain’t easy being cheesy

8 Likes

The food was impossible for me because I’m allergic to so many different things. I took two suitcases with me, one of clothes and the other full of Heinz beans (there’s a plug for you). Then one morning the guys who were dealing with the food said, ‘Would you like some eggs?’ And I said, ‘Oh yeah, sure,’ and the next morning they said it again. I thought, ‘Oh yeah, great – things are looking up.’

8 Likes

And as far as cheesy goes, let’s never forget that Ringo coStarred in The Magic Christian!

4 Likes

Kind of amazing that he seems so healthy now. And his longevity.

“ At the age of six, Starkey developed appendicitis. Following a routine appendectomy he contracted peritonitis, causing him to fall into a coma that lasted days.[16] His recovery spanned twelve months, which he spent away from his family at Liverpool’s Myrtle Street children’s hospital.[17] Upon his discharge in May 1948, his mother allowed him to stay at home, causing him to miss school.[18] At age eight, he remained illiterate, with a poor grasp of mathematics.[18] His lack of education contributed to a feeling of alienation at school, which resulted in his regularly playing truant at Sefton Park.[19] After several years of twice-weekly tutoring from his surrogate sister and neighbour, Marie Maguire Crawford, Starkey had nearly caught up to his peers academically, but in 1953, he contracted tuberculosis and was admitted to a sanatorium, where he remained for two years.”

5 Likes

Oh.

When I heard “pitched” I thought it was like Keith Moon trashing a hotel room, and they tossed it at a bunch of squares who gave them guff about their long hippy hair.

But then I remembered, “it’s the Monkees we’re talking about here.”

2 Likes

Why would Nesmith be there? The closing gag wouldn’t have worked with all four members present.

2 Likes

Of course.
:musical_note: They were just too busy playin’
To throw any pizza around.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.