When sports parents attack

Mine is too. $20 on Amazon. Great ring. You can’t damage it. And you can’t beat that price. As a bonus, I am ready for the time I am trapped in a vehicle that has been driven off the end of a pier.

6 Likes

Yeah. Most likely. My version is more fun.

1 Like

My socks are made of tungsten-carbide. I call wedding bells.

I am a little surprised the glass isn’t layered in Lexan or other plastic like wind shields.

1 Like

May be too expensive; the toughened glass safety characteristics are apparently sufficient, and the replacement of broken panels may be cheaper in long term than laminated glass.

Just don’t rap anyone’s window with your knuckle to get their attention.

@CaptainPedge already pointed this out, but hells-yeah there is, and I desire one. I told myself that if I ever get married, I’m either making my own ring, or it’s going to be made out of something I can’t make.

1 Like

Really? I stand corrected. Seems like an odd metal for jewelry, but IANAJ.

1 Like

Just seemed odd to make such a confident pronouncement about it without checking; my dad used to make rings out of various repurposed industrial artifacts, which could be composed of all sorts of different metals.
The only concern was to avoid anything toxic or dangerous; basically, any metal (well, avoid using plutonium or something, obviously) can be fashioned into a ring, and not all rings come from mainstream jewelers.

You’re all freaking Feral.
Parents, kids.
You act like bloody animals at a game.

It’s supposed to be about being Social, about Teamwork. But it becomes Lord of the Flies.

12 Likes

It’s actually a ceramics.

1 Like

Would depleted uranium work? It’s not that much radioactive… There are however corrosion issues, so would have to be plated…

Also, beryllium could be interesting. It is toxic only in the form of machining dust, but harmless as a solid material. Would be also interestingly light; a pair of rings, one from DU and one from Be would make a nice contrast.

…a third one could be from a hafnium-free zirconium, to be in the middle, and then all three rings would be made from nuclear materials…

Yeah yeah, its clear enough the guy probably didn’t intend to shatter the glass.

He just intended to scream in a blind rage at the referees of his kid’s hockey game, the glass shattering was simply a convenient accident that didn’t cause him to pause for even a moment.

So its all cool!

5 Likes

Both of my kids are in a lot of organized sports (driven by them, it wasn’t a thing for me but they love it).

I hate to burst the internet outrage bubble, but the vast majority of parents, coaches and others in the leagues my kids have been in are great. Lots of cheering for both teams, lots of positivity.

And a lot of the good behaviour has been at higher level ‘competitive’ league stuff.

Yes, there is the occasional angry douchebag, but the driveby swipe at a culture of tolerance and enabling - I just haven’t seen it. There was one guy last year who got aggressive, and he was quickly barred from the arenas (the kid was a good kid and was not barred, but he pulled her out after a bit).

2 Likes

Apparently, when the other factors of this case are counted, yes, it is.

I like – and am disturbed by – the way you think!

4 Likes

Todo: get that 3d printer, design printable glove ports for gloveboxes (the prototype was built with manually made ones which is annoying and work intensive and imprecise), try machining in a protective atmosphere (or to keep toxic dust away) - my crappy little lathe is small enough to fit an Ikea-class plastic box with a lid that can be easily converted to said glovebox, and a proof of concept test doesn’t even need argon, air will do for an oxygen-insensitive mockup. The polyolefin boxes are typically mostly transparent, with only a light fogginess, easy enough to see through.

Your feet are already married to each other.

5 Likes

That was a lovely micropoem.

3 Likes