When Steve Bannon & co spent $1,000 on booze at Mar-a-Lago, taxpayers picked up the tab

That’s totally fair. If they hadn’t asked the bartender to leave then he would have been spending all that time serving up drinks to paying customers and presumably earning tips for it. No sense screwing him out of a night’s earnings because they appropriated his workplace.

4 Likes

I was just happy the hotel compensated the bartender via a service charge. I mean, like these assholes are going to leave a tip?

5 Likes

They’re probably the kind of guys who’d say something like: “Here’s a tip: go back to school and study business instead of working behind a bar like a loser.”

6 Likes

Tell it to AOC. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, they would. And then she’d respond with an incredible burn.

5 Likes

A lot of people assume that burst capillaries on the nose and extremities are a sign of alcoholism, but the truth is that there are a large number of genetic cardiovascular ailments that can contribute to the exact same condition when the person engages in auto-erotic asphyxiation on a daily basis.

Oglaf (NSFW)

12 Likes

That would be nice, but…

That seems more like the way a Trump property would work.

I wonder if drinks were served at all, or if the game the Trump organization is playing is to see how much they can bill for and still get paid.

There is a figure, an exact figure…

3 Likes

This guy definitely hits (or was hit by) the sauce:

2 Likes

Came here to say exactly this

None of these is spectacular

Woodford is standard decent bourbon, but I would never call it premium boubon.

Russell’s Reserve Single Cask, Colonel Taylor Single Cask, Bookers, et al I would consider premium, ie: good and expensive

Patron is the Tequilia rich morons with no taste drink to look “baller”. Don Julio is solid, but not “premium” in my mind. I think Porfidio for that.

Most insulting charge I ever got from a bar was about 2 years ago at a watchmakers convention in Chicago. 2 doubles of Lagavulin for a toast- 119$. The whole damn bottle only costs 91!

4 Likes

Premium Tequila seems like a contradiction in terms. Like “high quality” fast food.

1 Like

Premium tequilia exists. You may not have had any, but I assure you, it does exist.

Siembra de Azul or Porfidio. If you can find either of those, give them a try. I think you will change your perception afterwards.

I will be the first person to call bulshit when someone claims there is a premium version of something but I am always willing to try something if I can get a proper explanation as to why I should take it seriously.

Hell, the French laugh as the world buys all the Remy Martin cognac, while they quietly sit on much more delicious armagnacs for themselves. You never know what you’re missing if you just hold to assumptions, man

6 Likes

Sounds like a plan!

I look forward to being proven wrong here (and getting tipsy in the process!)

4 Likes

There are probably quite a few more but I am not as knowledgeable with tequila as I am with scotch and bourbon.

Tequila is the hard one. It’s the closest to a neutral Spirit without being neutral other than maybe gin. It comes off as more one-dimensional then some other Spirits perhaps but yes I hope you can find one of those. Siembre de Azul is amazing

4 Likes

Somewhere there is a old portrait of a young Steve Bannon, that looks like the paint just dried, that quaffs liquor by the demijohn.

5 Likes

Come on. Sucking up to the boss is perfectly normal.
And it was a Trump business so you know the drinks were shitty, watered down to the point of being water and over-priced.

3 Likes

It’s how President Biff has always thought business should be done: offer something average, but polish it so that the rube thinks he’s getting high quality stuff. I mean, the guy eats his steaks well done, and we all know thanks to Anthony Bourdain that ordering well done means the cooks will give you the cut they would otherwise throw out, since those who order “well done” have no sense of taste anyways.

6 Likes

It is not a tax deduction it is public expenditure i.e. the thing that taxes are collected to pay for.

1 Like

It is not sucking up to the boss. It is funnelling public money into the president’s pocket.

2 Likes

Assuming, of course, that the bartender ever saw any of that service charge …

2 Likes

On one hand, when Crooked Donnie’s one’s boss, it’s sucking.

That abuse as well as using taxpayer money to do is disgusting. Worse, though, is that kind of abuse is less than trivial these days.

And, seriously, if the drinks weren’t so shitty, bet they would have spent a lot less of our money.

1 Like