Where do mansplainers get their water?

Sounds like you need to sit down with the women at your office and explain mansplaining to them. Good luck!

38 Likes

20 Likes

Mansplaining is explaining to a woman how to get blood out of clothes.

31 Likes

I always assumed it was Lucy who said it (to Ethel?) about Ricky. She was making fun of his accent and the arrogant way he assumed she didn’t know something just because she was a woman. You’re right, it could be a false memory, but I could have sworn I heard Lucille Ball use the phrase “man 'splaining” on I Love Lucy.

1 Like

Which are you?

8 Likes

Interesting. Could be, and makes sense.

(I edited my post right before seeing your reply. FWIW, which is probably not much.)

2 Likes

19 Likes

Out, damned spot! Out, I say!

8 Likes

I don’t think this is in the <a href=“https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/misandry-for-fun-and-profit-topical-animated-gif-bank/66279"target=”_blank">misandry gif thread. Please deposit post haste!

12 Likes

Well played, thread. Being told I don’t understand. Suggestion I do thing that will make it worse. Question as to if I’m patronising or mansplaining.

Well done on the silencing. :confused:

2 Likes

FWIW I believe your description of your colleague. I don’t see much choice, since you’re the one who knows him and all the other people in the office. I do see @milliefink’s point that you might not be fully aware of whether he reserves extra condescension for women, but I don’t think being a man (if you are one) makes it impossible for you to see it if it’s there.

So assuming your assessment is right, isn’t it deliciously ironic that women wrongly brand him a mansplainer? That irony is where my absolutely unserious suggestion came from.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Poorly done on the listening.

And: There you go again, donning the victim hat. (Silencing? You’re still talking.)

24 Likes

Actually, I think he’s waiting for affirmation.

15 Likes

If so, here’s hoping he’ll have to wait a good long while. One thing I like about this joint is that few of its patrons fall for appropriated victimhood and false equivalencies like “disagreement = silencing.”

17 Likes

Wow, at the meandering turns this thread took.

@Mindysan33:

Great gif, needs no rebuttal.

@vrplumber:

*lolz

Obligatory, for the lulz:

Aw, are you disappointed?

23 Likes

Needs some theme music.

10 Likes

This needs more likes. I’m stealing it. I love the subtlety.

14 Likes

And this special flavor is usually about as subtle as a healthy dose of sriracha.

16 Likes

Perhaps he should call the hotline?

29 Likes