Where to host history of Scandinavian right rescued from the Memory Hole?

I think the problem is just now resolving itself. Getting the file to enough pro-freedom-of-speech people in short enough time that the authorities cannot suppress the seed file ensures that it will be available from many sources in multiple jurisdiction, and the further attempts to suppress it will just attract more attention to its content.

Popular blogs like this one can do the job nicely.

Sometimes the best PR move is to do nothing and let the article fizzle out.
When will they ever learn!

Also, a side note… leverage the various web caches. Having a plaintext variant of the content, whether image (e.g. a screen dump of text, as it happens with some hacks), or PDF (like here), makes it way more likely that there will be cached versions available on the Net even when the original gets taken down.

1 Like

Given that almost every country in Europe seems to have it’s home grown nationalists at the moment (UKIP, Le Pen, etc), who all seem to be quite happy to work together when they get elected to the the EU parliament, perhaps we should annex a small country, (I suggest Belgium), and all the racist arseholes can go live there together?

1 Like

The Swedish source above seems likely to stay up, too - it’s the newspaper of the journalist that wrote the story. (He wrote it freelancing for an airline magazine, but still.)

3 Likes

“I am neither Flemming nor Walloon! I, sir, am a proud Belgian!”
“Excellent! And for the record, just what is your name, proud son of Belgium?”
“For the record? My name is Leibowitz…”

2 Likes

Nah, I like Belgium. Rockall’s legal status needs sorting out and it’s the ideal climate for racists, what with all the storm fronts it gets.

3 Likes

I see what you did there…

The english version of the article can be found at hufo.no/st/

2 Likes

I hope the new faces of journalism can adequately carry the craft forward, securely, in the face of government encroachment and other oppressive environments. I’ve heard the question about technology and how journalists need to use it, or that newspapers should have dedicated technologists/programmers on staff to build secure environments and/or repos for secure information drop, and yet there are surprisingly few papers with the money or interest in putting a together a relatively secure computing environment.
And, according to a panel I watched not long ago (as well as some personal experience), there is a dearth of security tools that are easy enough to build and install. It’s hard enough to do within a GUI environment, that doing it within an all-text environment was that much harder. I think recent experiences with the NSA can only ensure we’ve got better tools, but let’s all hope software programmers can stay one step ahead of the codebreakers.

1 Like

The original English version of the magazine can be downloaded here The article in question is on pages 73-80.

It’s tragic and ironic at the same time that this right-wing “Progress Party”, which is actually part of a coalition government in Norway now, but which repeatedly, still, claims that it’s views are muzzled by the so-called “politically correct” liberal mainstream in Norway, reacts like this when it doesn’t like how its own politics and history is portrayed…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.