Where's the beef? Wendy's running low on hamburger meat

There is a mighty big assumption there. That they were using beef in the first place.

1 Like

Bread dough. Where are you from that these mysteries evade you?

3 Likes

Cataract surgery? Whatever, that’s pretty great.

2 Likes

F*ck.

I just ate there last week- and they couldn’t sell me a triple because they were low on meat, so got a double. I know, the horror :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I don’t eat there often but I do like the occasional Wendy’s and now I am conflicted because I did not know they were supporting Trump.

Are there any other fast food chains that are supporting Trump?

I just want to buy a hamburger guilt-free sometimes and I don’t live in California where there are high-end sustainable local every other moniker hamburger places. I have normal fast food alley near me and not many places to get a hamburger from a small business especially one open now

2 Likes

Yes, both eyes. Fully successful in one, the other had some complications and he now “only” has good long range focus (I think) in that one. He still recognized (by sight) my wife when he came out of surgery. That alone was worth it. He also navigates the house by sight and walks way more confidently now. I hadn’t realized how hesitant he had gotten. I wish I could have saved up and done it for him a year ago, but better now then never I guess.

7 Likes

In the 70s there was a temporary meat shortage & Johnny Carson said McDonald’s was down to their last pound of beef which was only enough for “six million hamburgers!” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

from

11 Likes

Personally, I’d have no issue whatsoever with converting over to a poultry-based fast food industry which I never partake of anyway.

1 Like

Won’t onebox, but:

2 Likes

The cans of dough I meant

1 Like

Now might be the time to roll out more vegetarian options. The best chili I ever had was vegetarian (but to be fair, I was really hungry, and it sure hit the spot.)

2 Likes

I’m super embarassed to admit this, but I recently had a veggie burger at Burger King. I haven’t eaten beef or chicken in 20 years, but sometimes I just need that ridiculous drive thru experience, and Burger King has always had little veggie burgers that are passably decent. (And yes I know they’re cooked on the same grill as the meat). Anyway, the last time I went they had massively upgraded their veggie burgers from a crappy little flavorless patty in a bun to an “impossible burger” which was actually pretty tasty. Or maybe it was the pint of sauce on it, or the giant thing of fries.

Anyway, death to all fast food, but as long as I’m going to eat it once a year or so, I’m glad for a decent veggie burger.

5 Likes

This shortage is because of ownership concentrations in meat processing coupled with exploitation of low wage no rights immigrant labour means that there are only a few plants and they are basically ideal places for COVID-19 to spread because their workers are unable to take sick days. Here in Canada, one of the largest outbreaks in North America is at the plants that process 80% of Canada’s beef. This is not a matter of a pandemic interrupting the food supply, but it’s a highly profitable but exploitative system entering crisis mode with serious human consequences.

9 Likes

Wait, that’s a thing? I thought I was mildly ribbing you about sentence structure. Canned bread dough is a thing? I know about the “biscuits” in the explody-tubes, but I’m definitely ignorant of any canned bread dough.

@alboalt, right here in ‘Murcia, but maybe in the part that hasn’t gotten dough-canning technology right just yet?

Edited for incorrect and mildly erotic mis-spelling.

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong on the Internet. I have only done biscuits from a can.

1 Like

If you mean bread as in that, “I can literally smell it through my screen” sourdough that Rob has been posting up, no not that I am aware of. Biscuits, crescent rolls, cinnamon rolls, pizza dough all come in cans. (For anyone not in the US or familiar, these are raw dough items that have to be baked, not a prebaked edible item.) Quality wise YMMV.

B&M Brown Bread in a can is a favorite. Heated with butter… YUM

5 Likes

Japan has it covered also

(Plus her videos are fun)

2 Likes

You have chosen a difficult path.

6 Likes