Where's Your Fucking Polling Place?

[Permalink]

Can we scale back on using “fucking” in every other web site name?

It’s fucking annoying at this point.

3 Likes

I’m fucking tired of people who have so little fucking imagination that they feel the fucking need to use some form of the word “fuck” in every fucking sentence. It’s lost all effect, other than to be fucking boring.

I mean, what the fuck?

5 Likes

Last time I voted, there weren’t enough fonts in which to type “fuck” for all the trouble I had to go through. The polling officials sent me to 4 different sites (I’d never had the slightest difficulty voting in my precinct before). This year, everything’s back to normal, so I don’t have to give the slightest fuck.

3 Likes

Apparently my fucking polling place is at “[Redacted] Fucking School,” which I admit sounds a lot more interesting than any kind of school I ever went to.

5 Likes

No fucking good
“Fuck. We couldn’t find any data for this address.”

1 Like

My ******* poll place is my mailbox. I use a permanent absentee ballot which is so ******** convenient. I ******* voted days ago.

2 Likes

I don’t get a fucking vote. You have to be a fucking citizen? What the fuck’s that all about?

No fucking taxation without fucking representation.

5 Likes

I don’t fucking have a polling place. There are so few registered voters in my precinct, they actually gave up on having a polling station. Voters here are now forced to use absentee ballots. I laugh ruefully at Republican attempts to make us think voter fraud is a thing - the problem is that we can’t fucking get people to vote in the first fucking place. Fuck.

2 Likes

I imagine voter turnout would greatly improve if there was actual fucking at polling places.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing I don’t understand: In DC, early voting runs the week prior to the week of the election. The election is held on a Tuesday (11/4), but early voting ended 11/1. Why [the fuck] wouldn’t early voting be allowed to continue up to the Monday prior to voting day itself? I wound up voting today, but that stills strikes me as kinda stupid.

1 Like

Well, depending on who wins, we might all be getting fucked!

3 Likes

“might”? I’d say we’re all fucked, no matter who wins.

Sorry, election day makes my pessimism flare up in an awful way.

3 Likes

I live in Washington state, which does all of its voting by mail. Everyone should do it this way.

And fine, “fuck”.

3 Likes

I know where my fucking polling place is. What I’d really like to see is something for people who don’t have a car called “How The Fuck Do I Get To My Polling Place?” Don’t have access to a car? Fucking forget it. The fucking public transportation doesn’t go near many polling places. Not that it fucking matters. If you don’t have access to a car you’re going to have a fucking hard time getting a state-issued photo ID.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I’m genuinely curious. According to the mailer the DNC sent me, my polling place is the N.A.T.H.A. building at 456 W. Montana St. in Pasadena. This building right here on Google Maps:

Trouble is, that building sustained heavy fire damage last year, and it was boarded up completely until a couple of weeks ago, when it was razed to the ground. I wonder if they’ve set up booths in the parking lot? Guess I’ll find out after work this evening.

As for the website, well, now’s my chance to show you what I get when I try to visit sites at work that Jack Warner finds naughty:

6 Likes

Well, that helps with inaccessible polling places, early closings, etc. But that doesn’t help with inaccessible registration places.

Getting hyperacusis and other sensory issues, being unable to go to various places, being unable to go through various bureaucracies, collapsing under the sensory bombardment, getting harassed for collapsing, and so on, has made me a lot more aware of just how shitty this country can be. I wish I could go back to when I was just getting beaten up all the time. I can’t vote, btw, because everything is inaccessible. I wouldn’t vote before, because the whole system’s violent and corrupt.

1 Like

Yeah, esp(ecially) when people don’t like cussings.

Because it’s expressly political? Maybe if you started at the local government’s secretary of state website instead of the DNC website?
Not saying they should block it, because that’s just stupid. Sufferin succotash indeed.