Which whisk(e)y will you be drinking?

Be right over… save me some of both! :wink:

3 Likes

Found this and I am pleasantly surprised for the $21 price tag.

2 Likes

That’s very decent stuff! And $21 is a bargain – around here it’s about $40.

When in the Pennsylvania area, it’s worth picking up a bottle of Jaquin’s Rock & Rye. A slight step down from Hochstadter’s, but for $10, it will keep the midwest cold away. And the bottle is amazing.8807701610526

3 Likes

For those brave enough to go out into the cold here’s a great flask with a shot “glass” built in.

Or good enough for staying in front a fire too.

1 Like

Reasonably priced, little bit of smoke and peat but not powerfully so, subtle, smooth, very enjoyable. I think this is the first whisky I’ve had from the Orkney Isles.

5 Likes

There’s only two distilleries in Orkney- The other one is Scapa:

2 Likes

I’ve only had Highland Park’s standard 12-year version - but it’s wonderful stuff. To me it’s a nice middle ground between the peaty Islay whiskies and the more typical HIghland or Speyside varieties (both of which I also enjoy).

4 Likes

Geez, how did I not know this was a thread? :open_mouth:

I’m on Monkey Shoulder right now, but first of the night was Nikka from the Barrel. :slight_smile:

I am sticking to two!

2 Likes

This has come up in my area and its relatively inexpensive and makes a decent Old Fashioned.

2 Likes

Also…for anyone in the New England area…

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the 12-year is always sold out at my local spot. A good sign.

1 Like

Whiskey%20Vault

“…complete with solid steel plate construction, a bullet-proof front window, an electronic lock system powered by a PIN code and secured by three 25mm vault door locking bolts, and a tri-spoke handle machined from aircraft aluminum so you can sleep easy knowing each drop is safe and sound.”

This will keep the kids out! And maybe you too if you forget the combo because, well, drinking.

5 Likes

A tactical drinks cabinet!

5 Likes

Did the meet and greet at the Whiskey Go weekend last night. Friends and I have done this about 6 years in a row now.

I tried the Proper 12 Irish whiskey from Conor McGregor and Bushmills and I have to say. Damn smooth for a $30 bottle. Grabbed on last night.

1 Like

“Printed, not stirred.”

1 Like

multiple reports are the parent company and Hollis Bulleit have come to terms with an agreement. But truth be told damage is done for me. There are plenty of options in the whiskey world to easily avoid Bulleit entirely.

2 Likes

That’s an old one and was on BB.

I haven’t had any since.
And honestly the Evan Williams I have been getting is damn tasty and half the cost of the ‘premium’ hooch.
I also will get a bottle of Jim Beam if it is on sale or if at Trader Joe’s the store brand bourbon is great as well as Rebel Yell which they have for even cheaper.

ETA you even commented in that topic.

ETAmore oh not enough coffee comprehension fail there is an update in that text… nevermind.

2 Likes

Yeah…I was bringing attention to how apparently they made up. But I still won’t drink their stuff. I like Bulleit, but have (to your point) found other stuff just as good if not better and in many cases cheaper. So why even bother with them…I mean whatever the truth is behind the “Make up” agreement, the fact there needed to be one in the first place sours me on them.

Grabbed a bottle of this recently…actually quite good for under $30

1 Like

Bully Boy has been doing some very tasty stuff! Their pre-mixed cocktails are also worth checking out, both their Hub Punch and Old Fashioned.

3 Likes