Whiskey bottles organized by how many years they've matured

I’ll second that. Real Whiskey for me thanks. No corn mash charred barrel silliness needed.

Jamesons produces some very nice 18 yo blends but the Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve often has some whiskeys over 20 years in the mix. But it’s a rare whiskey that improves to 20 and it takes a good nose to make a blend that nice.

2 Likes

I’m OK with the singular. It’s the unwarranted capitalization that was bugging me.

1 Like

It depends. Whisk(e)y over 80 proof is very hot in the throat. But the aroma can be wonderful. An article I read a while back, written by an experienced bartender, recommended to have a sip at full proof to see what it’s all about and then to carefully dilute with spring water to the drinkable level you prefer. Use a teaspoon and only a little water at a time. It is highly subjective to each person and there is no universal rule what to do. I like my scotch as it comes, but my bourbon to be lightened up a bit.

Oh My Glob YES!

Which means (a) the display bottle has to be replaced every week, or (b) bottle #1 really is water (or vodka?)

It’s zero. On day 0, it is a white spirit:

The spirit picks up color from oak, it wouldn’t change in glass. It distills clear, but begins extraction immediately.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.