White Culture

7 Likes

Say what you want about Cracker Barrel, but you gotta admit, the name is accurate.

10 Likes

They prefer their sausages somnolent?

7 Likes

I am confused. Offering to sell something that someone is willing to part with their cash for is pretty much the definition of capitalism, which these assholes claim to value above all things. So companies should be limited in what they can sell based political whims? I have some suggestions…

8 Likes

Some of it is also resistance to change, which doesn’t make sense either because CB was a total gimmick thought up by a sales representative for Shell Oil. :man_shrugging:

More wishful thinking for a 'Murica that never existed.

9 Likes

A woman flashed a 'white privilege' card after being pulled over. Now, officers are in trouble for letting her go.

8 Likes

To add to the mess, she’s Filipina, not white.

6 Likes

Well, otherwise she wouldn’t have needed the card, would she?
/s

8 Likes
8 Likes

Dear Judge: I do not accept your rescindment. Thank you for your service.

7 Likes

8 Likes

I think this is a useful analogy to help people understand white privilege without immediately getting defensive: compare it to right-handedness.

9 Likes

In this case, it’s “White Culture”.

I knew that Black musicians had to be the source in general, but didn’t know who specifically:

11 Likes

I like that. Then most “what about us white people” complaints hopefully can be seen as the equivalent of asking why the Leftorium doesn’t carry more right-handed products.

11 Likes

Friend of mine used to steal those.
Just straight up put them in his inside jacket pocket.
In plain sight. Apparently he was rarely challenged, but received many incredulous looks.

7 Likes

Didn’t even have to flash his White Privilege card?

8 Likes

In 05 or 06, I spent the summer working in the Wisconsin Dells. It’s a big tourist area with a bunch of water parks, hotels, shops, etc. The town itself is small so summer workers come from various places around the world. Anyway, I spent that summer around a lot of foreigners. It was very enlightening learning their perspectives on Americans. I remember jokes about not pissing off the Americans or they might shoot you, and once, after bar close, a group of people we were with shouting, “this is freedom?” as we walked down the street. My understanding at the time was the news they remember regarding Americans is the sensationalized stuff.

8 Likes

So you’re saying not all Australians carry around giant knives? :smirk:

crocodile dundee lol GIF

7 Likes

Apparently not. He never stole anything but the dividers, as I recall.
Not sure what his point was, but he saw it as funny.
I’m going back to the early 90’s, so before the days of White Privilege Cards (although they have always existed, granted).
Mind you, over here, the worst we can expect is a stern reprimand and a collective raising of eyebrows.

3 Likes
13 Likes