White gunmen storm Michigan Capitol with assault-style rifles, lawmakers inside State House share disturbing video and photos

I agree with this. More guns means increases entropy. Increased entropy guarantees that a shooting will happen.

And what will happen when the counter-protesters eventually (but inevitably) also show up heeled?

7 Likes

It takes two small hands to carry one large gun.

1 Like

Organizers claimed at least some of these guys were militia they asked to provide security, not randos with guns.

3 Likes

Majority of the folks pushing against stay-at-home mandates from what i’ve seen are complaining how their civil rights are being trampled. Can we guess on that alone what they look like? :thinking:

It’s also amazing how these armed gunmen can waltz in at a Capitol and nothing happens. Privilege is a hell of a thing

18 Likes

Guessing that we will not be seeing another Mulford Act anytime soon.

40 Likes

But shouldn’t all of them need to be in not only a militia, but a well regulated one, for said second amendment to apply?

Admittedly i’m just observing on the sidelines here in the UK with our equal magnitude but different detail insane government, but still…

7 Likes

This reminds me of a bit of Louisiana history. In 1874, the White League brought 5000 armed men to take over the state capitol to oust the reconstructionists that thought black people should be treated as people too. They succeeded in taking over for a few days, holding the governor prisoner.
Decades later a monument was erected to honor the terrorists and praise the re-institution of “white supremacy in the south”. When the monument was finally permanently removed in 2015 there were armed protesters from around the country. I would not be at all surprised if some of the same armed idiots at the 2015 protests are in the Michigan capital today.

29 Likes

Damn Skippy!

Open carry = an open invitation to misuse your firearm in public, accidentally lose it or have it stolen
“Armed protest” is the height of bullshit. Its not a demonstration its a lynch mob.

These guys should have been arrested for terrorism or at least menacing.

13 Likes

A Michigan state senator wore a Confederate battle flag mask to session last week. There is a statue honoring Michigan’s civil war governor on the lawn behind these guys, and a display of battle banners in the rotunda. 90,000 Michiganders fought for the Union cause, and 15,000 died.

20 Likes

I wonder what the ethnic composition of this practice is.

fox news color chart

41 Likes

Exactly, sometimes you need to punch the Nazis.

Free speech should not extend to armed protest, especially in government buildings.

7 Likes

The Black Panthers did this and it resulted in the creation of stricter gun laws.

23 Likes

Mobocracy directed by kakistocracy/kleptocracy.

6 Likes

He’s about to sneeze, don’t laugh at him.

4 Likes
14 Likes

You are correct about the stricter gun laws. All the photos and footage of the Black Panthers I’ve ever seen suggests that their protests were considerably more disciplined though.

29 Likes

I may never set foot in the US again; too dangerous with no enforcement of laws that protect people’s safety and allowing this kind of insanity.

10 Likes

Armed protester: I want my rights!

COVID-19: Come at me, bro!

7 Likes

In 18th century parlance, a ticking time bomb is well regulated.

9 Likes

We have an official federal response that’s both pro-lockdown and anti-lockdown, sometimes from Trump himself. If Hillary were in the White House during the pandemic the “armed protests” would be more widespread and would have come quicker. That’s a good representation of how f$%ked we are.

There’s no way to unite America anymore.

I fully expect one of these protests to result in violence.

I also expect if Trump loses the election there will be violence (and more irony-- conservatives have been predicting violence from the left if Trump wins.)

9 Likes