White House aide threatens reporter in sexist tirade: "I will destroy you"

Honestly, that’s a good enough reason to not fire him for me. Though it’s fucked up that getting fired is tantamount to a death sentence in the US. He should, however, remain suspended without pay as he has no business interacting with reporters. He deserves only the absolute minimum to keep him on his health insurance.

It’s interesting, almost all the cancer survivors I know developed more empathy from their ordeal. I guess some assholes will never change.

Trump likely would have fired him for having cancer and given him the medal of freedom for threatening reporters.

12 Likes

Agreed, but they often lash out when in pain or having a bad day. Still, this is not anything close to OK.

I agree that they should nominally keep him on the payroll and just keep him away from other people; at least as far as his job goes.

3 Likes

“Your job is to stop embarrassing us, and in return you’ll have health insurance.”

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s a terrible situation highlighting a terrible system. Under any other circumstances I’d be disappointed he wasn’t canned right away. But I can’t get behind using life-or-death health insurance as a punishment.

I get that the administration is considering the optics of that, but I also suspect that, unlike his sociopath predecessor, Biden is the sort of boss who actually gives a crap about his employees’ lives.

It would be nice if they could use this as a case study for meaningful health care reform.

6 Likes

Apparently he has now resigned:

13 Likes

The apology accompanying the resignation was genuine and dignified, and a good example of the right way to do it.

Especially since - if I understand the story correctly - he had good cause to be angry at the Politico reporter, who had apparently decided that the private life of a mid-level White House operative was fair play and interesting news.

4 Likes

A little context…

1. Ducklo’s been fired. If I’m not mistaken, He’s been juggling serious health issues at the same time. Great to see zero tolerance now after…
  2. The enabling of the Trump Press Briefing Shit Show by the people pissed off by Ducklo is just inspiring. These people now going apeshit over Ducklo are the same people who, in decades of support for the GOP and five years of normalizing Trump have done actual harm to the nation. Donnie couldn’t get away with causing ~40% of the Covid deaths with the support and enabling of the exact same people now upset with Ducklo’s shit fit. Given that, while Ducklo’s behavior is unacceptable, the critics have performed much, much, much worse acts for which [checks notes] none have been held accountable.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what the fuck is wrong with everyone!?

“Fire on the spot” doesn’t mean fire as soon as an allegation is made, it means “fire as soon as the truth of the situation had been unambiguously ascertained”.
The only time it would be immediate is if it happened right in front of Joe himself and was 100% unambiguous already.

And can we please keep a sense of proportion here? Compared to the previous administration - well, let’s just paraphrase Lindsey and say the office has been cleansed.

This particular firing appears to be just, and was done in exactly the right way. Damn.

2 Likes

Even if so, it doesn’t justify his response. One wrong doesn’t justify another.

I hope he’s able to continue any cancer treatments he needs.

6 Likes

Yes but you didn’t have it in your power to destroy someone if you had they would probably be toast.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.