White House drops meme on Matt Gaetz

Originally published at: White House drops meme on Matt Gaetz | Boing Boing

11 Likes

My only question is, is Gaetz actually the worst of that group of assholes?

10 Likes

He’s in the running for sure…

25 Likes

This was so out of character that for a long beat I thought it must be some satire account. But nope! And I like it.

3 Likes

Top 5 no doubt.

8 Likes

It says a lot about the state of the GOP that trafficking minors for sex doesn’t automatically make you the worst person in congress.

31 Likes

Considering so many people have the memory of a concussed goldfish, I’m all for the White House (and Dems for that matter) going all in on meme communication. Lord knows they normally couldn’t get a good message out most other times.

9 Likes

rabbit-3-smiley-109 laughing clapping

2 Likes

Dang, I saw the headline and the words that immediate jumped out were “drops… on Matt Gaetz” and I was really hoping it was something extremely heavy.

1 Like

White House can meme, but it can’t attribute, nor crop very well. Made me laugh, but B- effort overall.

That’s how memes generally work. Yes, the White House could have added an attribution and link to the original 2018 Clickhole article but they would have looked like a bunch of nerds for doing it.

3 Likes

And, pray, what would be wrong with that?

4 Likes

For fans of the Onion and Clickhole, it’s a well-known, often re-posted gag. The White House linking whole-heartedly to Clickhole would in fact make them look cool. For them to crop it to just the headline and guy’s forehead, makes them look like weenies who are still bitter about Diamond Joe.

For a sense of balance, shouldn’t we be attributing a genius-level nth-dimensional chess move to the Biden Administration at least once?

2 Likes

“My fellow Americans, I direct your attention to the recent statements made by Matthew Louis Gaetz II, the Republican U.S. Representative of Florida’s 1st Congressional District. While I generally disagree with Mr. Gaetz on all matters of policy, I must concede his argument in this particular instance is sound. In fact the strange mix of emotions I experienced finding myself in rare agreement with Mr. Gaetz reminded me of the linked Clickhole article originally published February 8, 2018…”

(And THAT’s how you meme!)

2 Likes

… and all the hep cats know nothing is more cool than worrying about where a meme came from :thinking:

2 Likes

8969c6cb0acb8e7fc2c0e96af95297c7cef928bb_2_652x500

4 Likes

4 Likes

Honest to god, I have no idea what we’re even talking about anymore.

1 Like

anigif_enhanced-17610-1417657802-6

3 Likes