White neighbor calls police after black man turns up to inspect house

Redlining for the 21st century.

4 Likes

Well, the Jeffersons moved uptown and got their own show. There’s that.

2 Likes

The vile baggage is just asking for someone to put a paper bag full of dogshit on her front doorstep, set fire to it, ring her bell and run like hell!

2 Likes

Nice to see the cops on his side here - and this in the South, no less. But it’s infuriating that the cops were even called in the first place, and that so little progress has been made in so many years.

I don’t want to see a return to the race riots of the late 1960s/early 70s, which I saw firsthand as a first-grader (a result of Chicago-area blockbusting), and which resulted in my dad wasting no time relocating the family in textbook white flight fashion.

3 Likes

Just the weary faces in that thumbnail tells me everything I need to know about that call-in.

7 Likes

It’s not a call-in. Just the victims and their lawyer talking to the reporter. It’s actually worth a watch and I cued it up to where the lawyer mentions the 911 call. I should have explained that earlier. The title is slightly confusing.

4 Likes

The means already exist. It is called Filing a False Police Report:

A person may make a false police report for any number of reasons. Sometimes it’s done to shift the focus of an investigation away from oneself. On other occasions, a false police report may be made in order to make an innocent party appear guilty. Regardless of the reasons, filing a false police report is a serious crime that carries real consequences.

6 Likes

I did not get why he was so nervous that an old lady would do something to him and he might not get out unharmed if she followed him in etc. - sufficiently nervous that he felt he needed police protection (asked them to hang around). WTF?

Aaand … then I remembered it was the US and any old lady might have a gun and decide she was entitled to shoot someone believed (wrongly) to be trespassing on a neighbour’s property. I can hardly believe that anywhere else in the civilised world (oh, wait…this is the US) this would be a consideration.

6 Likes

I’m sorry…no. no. no. also…no.

If the white lady can call the cops because she sees a black guy and is nervous…the black guy can say to said cops “I’m afraid for my life…I don’t know that she isn’t packing!” and request their assistance too

Tit for god damn tat is now the order of the day (which I believe you are saying :smirk:)

4 Likes

The messed up thing is whenever this shit happens, I’m always relieved that nobody ended up shot or killed.

22 Likes

iknorite. Progress!!!

But here we are. this is the new threshold for success…someone didn’t get shot.

10 Likes

Of course he can. Would not happen anywhere else, I suspect. I do not live in the USA, which is why it took me a few moments tor realise why he even had a concern about her being a risk to his safety.

4 Likes

That the police actually took the realtor’s side in this instance is a small sign of progress in my book; but yeah… that’s still really a low fucking bar.

14 Likes

Hear, hear!

2 Likes

Because we see no chilling effect caused by police murdering POC in cold blood?

7 Likes

OMG! Black man going into abandoned empty house to rob it!!

Call the police!

giphy

8 Likes

That’s not all…

Why live in Henry County? We got cheap land over on the East side TI, come on over!

And not calling the cops, but…

(also, Michaela Cole is gorgeous!)

That’s an exhausting round up…

10 Likes

The Jeffersons moved on up to the East Side.

I think it’s immaterial that theroot wrote about it. Otherwise agreed.

maybe so but it is higher than 6 feet underground if you know what i mean.

4 Likes