Whitesboro's racist town logo up for vote

Definitely Indian wrestling! I can’t keep a straight face.

The town motto: “You son of a bitch”

3 Likes

That wins the internet today in my estimation!

1 Like

I love googie design. Never been to this town, though.

Or the beaked arrow-and-olive branch-holding avian dinosaur? People pay to see that.

I’m now thinking of Texas’ flag is the Fun With Dick and Jane version of the US flag.

1 Like

what about the name, are they going to keep that?

2 Likes

We paid for it. I think we do. Perhaps every moment of every day isn’t actually enough.

2 Likes

How about as a compromise, they keep the town seal, but every other year switch the roles, so sometimes the white guy is on the bottom getting choked?

That’s the checks and balances system the Mr and I use here at home.

Or should I say Chokes and balance! :stuck_out_tongue:You’ve been great, everyone! I’ll be here all week!

1 Like

was modified to place the hands of the cracker on the native’s shoulders. Whitesboro’s mayor feels this is a symbol of camaraderie.

I suppose I’d believe him if he said he’s in favor of putting their groins in contact.

Depends. In you’ve read 1491, some would say that the plethora of forests and over-abundant wildlife (viz. day-long herds of buffalo and day-long flocks of passenger pigeons) were a waiting-to-be-corrected ecological bloom following the death of of 97% the native population who had kept it all in check for thousands of years.

But extermination of the passenger pigeon is a bit of an over-reaction.

1 Like

As accurate as any founding myth from 1784, which is to say probably not very.

1 Like

LOGO?!?!?!? What about the NAME of the place? I think they ought to scrap the whole thing and start over.

2 Likes

White man strangles native. Takes land.
Pretty accurate I’d guess.

4 Likes

Even if the founding myth is completely accurate (which is impossible to know, and probably as likely as Washington and the cherry tree), you still are left with: an Indian being shoved to the ground as the logo for a town named WhitesBoro. The town name alone is offensive/ironic enough.

I say the compromise should be: they can keep the town logo or the town name. But not both.

Um… what about it? Suddenly you can’t name a place after its founder?

Why am I reminded of the idiots who thought the word “niggardly” was racist?

1 Like

It’s named after the founder. Not really an issue.

1 Like

Shot into tears. What a horrible moving image. What are we doing and why? (rhetorical) Damn.

1 Like

Perhaps I should have added a snark alert?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.