Who knew Indiana Jones would look this good in black & white?

6 Likes

I trained as a makeup artist and along with colour swatches for every product in my bag, I had another set for everything but in greyscale. You never know when you’ll need it.

10 Likes

As another 80’s baby; I also enjoyed Temple of Doom.

In fact, I like all the original Indy J films, up until Crystal Skull which was just atrociously bad.

2 Likes

It’s still the grossest one for me, I don’t like bugs but I’m fine with snakes and rats are cool and cuddly :woman_shrugging:t3:

(Crystal Skull is a big bag of crap.)

6 Likes

Oh totally, but it also had ‎Ke Huy Quan being amazing in it…

3 Likes

It’s similar to how Mad Max: Fury Road works well enough as a black and white silent film since most of the story telling is visual in nature. The few lines the film has are spoken well and portrayed in the manner that gives you a larger feeling to the visuals. Lots of films I feel fail at this (look at you Marvel/Disney). I can’t say how you’d fix such things cause I’m not a director or anything, but I do know what looks good and is enjoyable for me in film.

3 Likes

He was cool, still is! I had a New Yorkers hat because he did and I wore it until it was worn out.

I was 36 when I bought it, but still.

4 Likes

Just thinking of the opening bars of the Indiana Jones’ themes makes me smile.

The bugs in Temple of Doom make me squirm.

:smile::smile::smile:

4 Likes

Harrison Ford Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

But…

Harrison Ford Reaction GIF

5 Likes

Cat Capshaw must have had nerves of steel to allow them to crawl in to her hair. I would just have fainted and got squished; but, then, I would probably have fled the palace screaming after being served chilled monkey brains :scream::smile:

4 Likes

tng-stewart-acting

She was great!

4 Likes

That’s easy for Sir Patrick to say; he’s got no hair for massive bugs to crawl in to. :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Star Trek Drinking GIF by HULU

2 Likes

Didn’t BoingBoing post this many years ago? I had the link saved 3 or 4 computers ago and would often revisit the B&W version. After Soderberg disallowed screen maximization I lost interest. I think the current music was added later. Did this sound familiar to anyone?

1 Like

That sulky little frown at the end is ace :rofl:

1 Like

We get a lot of ReBoings here, and sometimes BoingBoing Classic.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.