Who owns the Moon?

by Luna, heh.
2 Likes

2 Likes

each country allows its private entrepreneurs, as long as duly licensed and in compliance with other relevant rules of space law, to go out there and extract what they can

I guess we should hope that the extraction work won’t cause any problems. Some companies have really made their mark extracting resources here on Earth…
mir_mine

5 Likes

The Moonies?

2 Likes
3 Likes

As with any property claim it’s only meaningful as long as you have the recognition of someone who can defend that claim.

If I buy property on Earth and someone else tries to build a mine on it then I can sue them in a court of law and even have them removed by law enforcement if necessary. If I claim property on the moon and someone else builds a mine on it then I’m out of luck unless I hire a bunch of space mercenaries.

Whether you also own the mineral rights (or not) might make a difference in your scenario.

Given that Cory’s well versed in classic SF, I assume his title was in reference to Heinlein’s story (which inspired the Bowie song)…

3 Likes

Who owns the moon?
The Clangers, obviously. Tch!

3 Likes

Re: Do you have a flag?

and Re: The moon.

My friend edited this film years ago and did some of the promo art, including the re-imagining of the moon landing:

2 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.