Whole Foods withdraws $6 "Asparagus water" from sale

Sorry. Here’s a unicorn chaser.

4 Likes

I realized this about 10 years ago, while messing around in Second Life. Damn my ethics! Doing the right thing is supposed to pay off someday, right?

2 Likes

It won’t.

If you want to make money, let the world wear you down enough to let you to just not care anymore. Then sell out.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

What’s the diff?

The thing that annoys me the most: They claimed that the intention was to make … stock.

Because you make stock by soaking vegetables in cold water. Are their product managers literal children?

2 Likes

Maybe they wanted to take a ride on the wave of the popularity of cold-brewing coffee and tea.

2 Likes

That should be a Hallmark card.

1 Like

Selling out is normal part of the cycle.
I’d say it is polite to raise an apprentice or three before that, though, so you have a replacement.

1 Like

You mean “Whole Paycheck” customers.

1 Like

I will forever lament lacking the gene that allows me to either create or sense that smell. I haven’t done the research to determine whether I am dealing but not smelling, or whether I do not, indeed, deal.

Same kind of idea, but sangria is usually also fortified with brandy or some such. Because wine is for pansies.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who stares at the bottled water in the little fridges and wonders why anyone pays for any of these things - not just the bottled water, but the 5 calorie fruit “drinks” that are just water, the sodas that are really just water with some flavoring. I just never “got” beverages. They seem expensive, heavy, and not worth it. Can’t we just drink water?

5 Likes

Sometimes it makes me wish I had a lower ethical bar so I, too, could fleece suckers for all they’re worth. Stoopid morals.

I bought a Soda Stream 6 years ago and have never looked back. I like fizzy, but I don’t like sodium, and Toronto tap water is some of the best ever. Squirt of lime or lemon if I’m feeling fancy and I’m all good.

1 Like

Those are made in Israel. My rabbi is a fan of it as well. I still don’t really get soda but I agree having your own machine is the way to go if you do want it.

2 Likes

They are. And I love it. Bubbles for lyfe!

I do buy seltzer as I like the fizzy bubbly of it and a touch of flavor if I get orange or lime. Pop, well about one or two a month at best. It amazing how sugary sweet they taste when you do not have the often.

My parents just brought me a case of Ale-8-1 from their trek back from Austin, TX that wended through parts south. It’s not as awesome as Moxie (what is?!?!), but nice.

I can’t stand moxie, or dr.pepper, or etc. The wife likes it though and it is her celebration drink for getting a deadpool score.