Who's your celebrity doppelganger?

Those are crooked teeth? Remind me to never show you my tombstones.

2 Likes

No Face?

10 Likes

For me, it’s not a look-alike situation – I’ve never had blonde hair, my heritage isn’t British at all, etc. – but there’s a quality to Meryl Streep’s face that made a huge difference in my life. I was not considered good-looking as a child – in an era when the only polite thing to say about a girl was how pretty she was, because smart was NOT considered a compliment for girls – but then when I was a teen people started commenting that I “looked like that actress who played the lesbian” in Kramer vs Kramer. And then, I started hearing: you look like that actress in The Deerhunter, what’s her name?..oh yeah, Meryl Streep. As her career picked up steam, people stopped referencing any particular movie because her name had become a household word by then. And it was at that point that people started to say that I looked good/pretty/beautiful, period. She had changed people’s perception about what a non-“cute” woman could look like and still be considered attractive. So, thank you very much Ms. Streep!

15 Likes

Just tried that…

We must have been separated at birth…

Edit: the wife says that is pretty close to what she sees emerge from bed on Monday mornings…

9 Likes

Huh, maybe I’m more Wednesday Addams.

And after I brush my hair, there’s definitely a Roseanne Rosannadanna look…

8 Likes

Peoples used to say I look like Christina Ricci, circa Adams Family movies:

My sweetie seems to think I look like Bjork, especially on the Hyperballad singles cover:

Me? I have no idea. I like both comparisions, but I’m a bit… er… rounder now-a-days.

8 Likes

That’s what kids will do to you.

12 Likes

Indeed it does, not even 2 months into being a dad and I had gray hair showing up.

7 Likes

This picture might as well be a mirror.
So things could be worse.

4 Likes

I lost all mine with the first batch of kids. I have no hair left to give for the current crop.

1 Like

According to that site, I look like:

1. Jake Gyllenhall
  2. Jake Gyllenhall
  3. Christian Bale
  4. Jake Gyllenhall
  5. Christian Bale
  6. Chow Yun Fat
  7. Christian Bale
  8. Nicholas Cage

My guess is that facial hair is seen as the most salient aspect. Another photo gives me seven Christian Bales.

ETA: a photo from four years ago with black hair and no beard only matches me to Chinese stars (I dressed up as a (white) fellow teacher for Halloween).

2 Likes

So I tried your site, admittedly with a low-pixelated phone shot, and #2-8 of my list were men, including Christian Bale and Dustin Hoffman! I guess that means that 1) we really are related, and 2) they’ve only got a handful of photos to choose from so we’re all going to get a similar list no matter what we look like.

At least #1 was a woman: Dai Chunrong. I’ll take it. (Don’t necessarily see much of a resemblance, but beggars can’t be choosers!)

8 Likes

FWIW, I don’t look much like Jake Gyllenhall or Christian Bale at all - this is the photo that is supposed to look like them:

This one is 4/4 between Jake Gyllenhall and Nic Cage:

And this is one of eight Chinese celebrities:

4 Likes

And I see that for some reason it appears I’ve invoked @RatMan in my response post instead of @crenquis. You must be confusedly shaking your head at the quip about being related! Explanation: one of my heritages is French Canadian, so he and I have joked that by definition we are cousins, probably many times over (it’s an extremely endogamous population).

3 Likes

Yeah, I just figured it was the BBS being weird again. I think it did go through a brief phase where replies weren’t endorsed to the proper person. No biggie, and any excuse to stop trying to understand this silly work problem I am allegedly working on this week. :smile:

2 Likes

Using that site, I am apparently an elderly Chinese man.

The only celebrity I ever was told I looked like was Jennifer Grey, circa Dirty Dancing. There’s not really much resemblance beyond a prominent nose and curly hair.

Edit: You know, that how-old.net site also frequently tagged my photos as male. I’m getting a complex.

6 Likes

Not anyone specifically, instead people often assume that they know me from somewhere. As if I am famous for something, but they are not sure what it is. Ironically, I prefer to avoid drawing attention to myself, especially visually. It always amazes me how much people stress the visual perception of people, when it seems to me that there is practically nothing relevant about people which can be surmised from visual appearance. But the more I try to avoid being seen, the more notoriety people assume I deserve when I am seen. Fortunately, it has gradually become less of a problem as I have gotten older.

1 Like

Being tagged as male, when you’re not, on teh interwebz is bad enough, but can you imagine it happening in official, government, documents? Happened to me with my first passport when I was 19 (42 now). I was so excited to get it, too!

Me, opening newly-issued passport: ‘Name? Correct. Place of birth? Correct. Date of birth? Correct. Sex: M. Noooooooooo.’

So I took it back to where it was issued. ‘Hi. Got my passport. Says I’m male. These say I’m not… (pointing to boobs).’

Bloke behind counter: ‘Yes, I can see you’re not male. Give that to me and we’ll fix it up.’

I mean, my first and middle names can be non-gender-specific (rarely, and with different spellings) and I thought the photo made me look like an alien - for some reason, my ears didn’t show up in the pic - but not a male alien!

7 Likes

11 Likes

Hiram McDaniels? I’d vote for you for Mayor!

That’s pretty bad - at least they corrected it and didn’t demand a birth certificate or something! My daughter has a name that’s not common in America but is usually a boy’s name in England, and she gets called “he” all the time when the person can’t see her.

It’s just a good thing I’m cisgendered. It’d be pretty devastating, I think, if I were a trans woman consistently being tagged as male.

1 Like