Who's your celebrity doppelganger?

It’s the third head that makes people go “Have I seen you somewhere?” Right?

3 Likes

Yeah. Phil is the handsome one.

Too bad Phil is a dick.

5 Likes

When are you getting the band back together?

7 Likes

Soon as I get off this damn island.

4 Likes

What goes on, muchachoids?

6 Likes

I think that I have only seen one female spell their name “Cary”, but I still get flagged as female quite often – I regularly get mail for a Miss Cary… (If they get the spelling correct)
Doesn’t anybody know who Cary Grant is anymore?

10 Likes

That’s damn weird. You and @jyoti I am just gonna call Dr. from now on.

2 Likes

Famous for being awesome

3 Likes

You flatter me, Sir!

But I am talking about people who don’t know me, so I don’t know that they appreciate me for any of my own actual qualities. It is more like a generic “larger than life” quality. Also, it gets tempered by seeing a lot of disappointment, when they realize how freakishly awkward I am. Uncontrolled magnetism repels as easily as it attracts!

I would very much prefer to be able to inspire people to feel welcome and at ease, with calmness and clarity. Awe is not the stuff of friendships.

3 Likes

Is it possibly the way you carry / project yourself?

I find first impressions very unreliable. I’ve had my awkwardness mistaken for arrogance and I’ve sometimes found other people’s confidence almost aggressive until I got to know them. Sometimes it’s not even your way of carrying yourself, just things like physical stature and facial features, or culturally determined social cues like how close you stand to someone, whether you look into their eyes and for how long, what you wear and what makeup you have on etc. Autistic people are often accused of not being able to read people’s facial expressions, but in my experience many neurotypical people aren’t very good at it either - they just think they are.

7 Likes

It is interesting stuff. When people first encounter me they are always intimidated. I don’t walk around with a smile. And about a quarter of the time I can shoot a stranger a glance and they will verbally apologize to me for a perceived slight. Just a glance :smiley:

Then hopefully they spend ten seconds with me and come to find out I’m the biggest teddy bear (with Kung fu grip) in the world.

7 Likes

Sweet!

Edited to add: oh, and apparently Mx is another gender-neutral title now. (Plus autocorrect changed title to turtle, which made me snort. Evidently, the idea of gender-neutral turtles is very amusing to me.)

6 Likes

Apparently, the Jake Gyllenhall’s have it!

1 Like

Ha! I got Jake Gyllenhaal twice, Ron Artest, and Christian Bale.

I wish I was as good looking as any of those. I had a friend in high school once compare me to Billy Zane. He was the only person on the planet that saw it. I have no idea how.

1 Like

Apparently I’m secretly Asian.

5 Likes

For me it said Justin Timberlake repeatedly, with a few Richie Rens, and one each of Dicky Cheung, Wu Xiubo, and Jiang Wu from this photo:

People used to say I looked like Judd Nelson when I was younger, now I always just look like someone else somebody knows, since I’m basically a generic person, but not very Justin Timberlake-y.

7 Likes

I’m tempted to see what celebrity my dog looks like.

1 Like

I invariably get “didn’t we go to high school together,” which is a kind of fame.

And let’s define celebrity. Because I consider seeing Liam Hurley like looking in the mirror but am in doubt of his level of celebrity.

3 Likes

Is your tail that long and curly?

7 Likes