Why CBP won't accept supplies for separated children in migrant detention camps

If you don’t distribute the supplies you have on hand, then you won’t run low on them. QED.

2 Likes

I don’t know to what extent this is actually a correct interpretation at the federal level, but it can not possibly be true at every level of government: Our local church regularly collects toiletries for prison inmates. Been doing so for years without running into any kind of legal restriction.

It’s been said before, but should be noted again: for a Christian-supported regime, the current administration is about as un-Christ-like as you can get. I mean there’s literally a gospel (not even old testament!) passage, attributed to Jesus himself, about this exact situation:

‘For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
~ Matthew 25:42-45

5 Likes

Old jesus is dead. Long live supply side economics jesus.

4 Likes

Has to be true 'cause that’s exactly what they tell us:

1 Like

I think that’s the “Just In End-Times” inventory system.

3 Likes

I’d say “Anyone who supports Trump is okay with this”, instead. Sure, most people who did vote for him probably still support him, and will keep on doing it no matter how much his administration escalates in awfulness.

But there are people who voted for Trump for whatever reason, and have turned away from supporting him. Nowhere near enough of them, and it doesn’t absolve them of the initial support, but still.

So they got the facility in Clint down to full capacity (down from 4x) and were showing it off, and they say the lawyers (who reported poor conditions) weren’t shown the actual holding cells, just some room where they did their interviews. https://n.pr/2LuvXQD

Part of me wants to believe the conditions are at least humane, but there isn’t much to go by.

FB_IMG_1561654482951

9 Likes

That passage is quoted often here. What some people don’t think much about is how it should be interpreted. /s

1 Like
3 Likes

Too true.

Well, by definition, anyone who claims to be a fundamentalist or originalist would have to interpret it literally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.