Why crows are awesome and have gotten a bad rap

Other than the time of day that they make quite a bit of noise being incompatible with my sleep, they’re terrific animals.

3 Likes

I’ve been working for a year or so to lure crows to my barn precisely for the anti-hawk defense force. They’ve not been lulled into living in the barn just yet but the fly by the area for snacks often enough that they’ve had a noticeable effect. Now if only I can train the crows to chase off raccoons.

6 Likes

I remember growing up in Michigan they seem to like mall parking lots, too.

7 Likes

They don’t call it a murder of ravens, for the record, because only crows have probable caws.

15 Likes

r/natureismetal

4 Likes

5 Likes

We started feeding our local crowbros during the pandemic, and this year we’ve got juveniles hopping around with their awkward teenage cries, being bad-at-peanut, and scooting up to the adults with their mouths open hoping for an easy snack. The adults ignore them and reduce the peanut pile as they go.

Noisy as all hell, but rowdy dinos on the wing for sure. :black_heart:

4 Likes

“Bad rap”?

Isn’t that what white people do in poorly produced local TV commercials?

Don’t put that on crows. Not cool.

2 Likes

One of my neighbors used to feed bluejays and crows peanuts. Took me a while to figure out where the random shells were coming from in my yard…

Loved this video. Super interesting.

4 Likes

Ooo! I saw this movie!

7 Likes

The family we have nearby woke me up from a dead sleep at 5am the other day. And one of them dive-bombed me twice about a month ago while I was walking down our street.

Even still, I think they’re pretty damn cool.

3 Likes

You know what you did.

4 Likes

Happy to include ravens, but magpies in Australia are arseholes and will attempt to kill you at every opportunity

1 Like

No relation. The ones here are corvids. Yours, like everything else there, are out to kill you.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.