Why did cops kill yet another unarmed kid?

Having seen the photo, I’m going to go out on a limb and guess racism. Also classism, because the two are intrinsically linked.

4 Likes

RT @chrishayes:

I interviewed the key witness to the Michael Brown shooting last night.

The police haven’t.

Think about that.

And there’s this, in which Ferguson police fire tear gas over a fence into someone’s private yard, at unarmed protestors with their hands in the air.

3 Likes

They have refused to interview witnesses on the scene. That means cops are in “circle the wagons” mode, protecting their own from the enemy (that’s us).

Cops are scum.

2 Likes

Someone (I can’t remember who, maybe @IronEdithKidd?) said it’s been uploaded. That is invaluable evidence.

I find it interesting that your pretend quote uses African American Vernacular English, when there are plenty of rich white kids who could easily be described by that very scenario. It might almost suggest you have some of the similar mindset problems illustrated by this very murder.

4 Likes

I live in St. Louis, the local media is covering this almost completely from the police side.
I have seen eyewitness reports on Youtube, MSNBC, and CNN (from the same witness as MSNBC though) but none on local stations.

The local TV stations (KSDK, KTVI, KMOV) are focusing on the riot damage.

Rachel Lippmann, one of the local NPR reporters has been doing good work on the protests and the local African-American owned paper The St. Louis American seems to have some good editorials.

Basically, this shit is bananas.

3 Likes

I used that vernacular because we were talking specifically about the black community. Certainly, though, they don’t hold a monopoly on claiming their kids are innocent despite shenanigans.

Back in the 60s in Ganesville FL in the civil rights movement we knew better than to trust the Feebees.

1 Like

Ah, yeah; I forgot an important element to this story. It happened in Missouri.

By coincidence I read an interesting post on a related question by a German cop on Reddit today.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.