Why Did the USS Thresher Sink? Finally, the Navy Is Being Forced to Tell Us

To get our minds off of the Dem Primary for all that can be said. Enter mystery sub sinking that was never fully explained.

1 Like

All I have to say is wow… that’s quite a timeline: " The Navy will begin releasing the Thresher report in segments on May 15 and will continue until Oct. 15". Someone must be hoping for an emergency injunction. Anyone care to hazard a guess at what they’re hiding?

1 Like

Or maybe they’re thinking Netflix miniseries. Those guys are funding everything they can get their hands on.

1 Like

The Trieste went down to look, there was a National Geographic article in the sixties about it . I never had questions after reading it. I didn’t think there was a big mystery. At least state the “mystery” before talking about a need to release the report.

It may have been part of the article, or a separate or later article but I can certainly remember reading about plans for getting out of a submarine in an emergency.

Phil Ochs wrote “The Thresher” about the situation nming, and then a few years later wrote “The Scorpion Departs but Never Return”. Phil killed himself 13 years minus a day after the Thresher sank.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.