Why did this 1990 QuickTime CD-ROM have a bizarre video of "Spoon Man?"

Reminds me of one of the first computer videos I had saved on my hard drive, the original “I am not your broom” from they might be giants. Clearly shot on a very early webcam and done in one take with no editing it’s pretty phenomenal:

5 Likes

oh man i remember that!!! i dont think ive seen that since the 90s! i remember TMBG had amazing web content really early on. the first instant message chat i engaged in was on their site in like 1999.

2 Likes

One of the demos that came with the original quicktime SDK was the Residents’ “One Minute Movies.” Somebody had fun taste.

2 Likes

It looks like it was filmed with the Connectix QuickCam remember these?

And of course they might be giants has an awesomely detailed fan created wiki. The page on this song says John was basically looking around the room for something to sing into the QuickCam about and saw the broom. And here we are over a decade later still talking about it!

http://tmbw.net/wiki/I_Am_Not_Your_Broom

4 Likes

What, still no mention of Soundgarden?

2 Likes

Literally the 3rd post :eyes:

& @Doctor_Faustus :roll_eyes: how die I scroll passt this? I even checked the other video links…

3 Likes

For my own amusement I’d want to think that too, but I’ve got it on 5th hand testimony that the Spoonman was a street performer utilizing spoons for percussion that they felt deserved his own themesong

2 Likes

lady gaga applause GIF

Because Fork Man wasn’t available due to a scheduling conflict.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.